- Education in Europe
- English-speaking countries
- Education in Asia
- Another countries
Hong Kong - General information
|Currency||Hong Kong Dollar|
Statistics - Rankings
|Arts and Humanities||14|
|Engineering and Technology||20|
|Life Sciences and Medicine||24|
|Social Sciences and Management||18|
|Economics & Business||7|
Statistics - Education
|Popularity rating in the world||32|
|Ranking of universities in the world||13|
|Quality of teaching||18|
|Citations per Faculty||18|
Statistics - Universities
|Universities in top 100||2|
|Universities in top 200||4|
|Universities in top 500||6|
|Universities in top 1000||7|
|Universities in top 5000||11|
Cost of living in Hong Kong, USD/month
|Communications and utilities||78||113|
|Sports and leisure||43||117|
Accommodation in Hong Kong, USD/month
|Shared room outside of centre||764|
|Shared room in city centre||1,294|
|1 bedroom apartment outside of centre||1,132|
|1 bedroom apartment in city centre||1,732|
The bare fact that Hong Kong ranks the world’s top financial center might be the finding for most people. This is due to an abundance of headquarters owned by largest and globally recognized companies in the world. This is a high advantage to try to get education in Hong Kong for anyone including foreigners. The information contained in this site is provided for informational purposes only, in order to obtain accurate information on the tuition fees, please refer to the official website of the educational institution.
When it comes to assess the full picture why international students choose for education in Hong Kong, the following options provided in here are worth to be noted:
|87||1||University of Hong Kong||University of Hong Kong||18,775 USD||18,775 USD|
|99||2||Chinese University of Hong Kong||Chinese University of Hong Kong||18,647 USD||18,647 USD|
|112||3||Hong Kong University of Science and Technology||Hong Kong University of Science and Technology||18,004 USD||5,414 USD|
|119||4||City University of Hong Kong||City University of Hong Kong||15,431 USD||15,431 USD|
|205||5||Hong Kong Polytechnic University||Hong Kong Polytechnic University||15,431 USD||15,431 USD|
|386||6||Hong Kong Baptist University||Hong Kong Baptist University||15,431 USD||15,431 USD|
|642||7||Lingnan University||Lingnan University||15,431 USD||15,431 USD|
|1383||8||Hong Kong Institute of Education||Hong Kong Institute of Education||15,431 USD||15,431 USD|
|2469||9||Open University of Hong Kong||Open University of Hong Kong||11,574 USD||11,574 USD|
|3058||10||Hong Kong Shue Yan University||Hong Kong Shue Yan University||8,744 USD||8,744 USD|
- Fair opportunity to get educated in the field of Finance and High Technologies with an option of study placement at highly reputed companies.
- An option to study science in English language which offers huge opportunities to seek for highly-paid job in this sphere. This is good to know that many companies prefer specialists who are in the know of the intimate Asian culture. This skill is highly appreciated since it gives the chance for a quick job offer upon the study.
- Hong Kong credentials are greatly estimated in the international market and young specialists can easily apply knowledge and skills acquired anywhere in the global arena. To the point, world-wide research centers rate high Hong Kong diploma holders, either.
- short-term courses that last one to four weeks.
- long-term courses that last two months to a year.
- Associate – the diploma evidences the proper qualification of the graduate to hold the office of the junior research fellow at various research and development institutions in the targeted area.
- Bachelor – the graduate owns appropriate qualification in the area of specialization which allows proper employment and career promotion.
- Master – this level programme is usually completed by applicants who target high posts and seek for more profound knowledge in the area selected.
- Doctor – this level programme is sought-after by those who are greatly concerned in scientific activities.
- Applicants should find out information on selection criteria applicable at the university chosen. This is interesting but each university in Hong Kong is eligible to assess applicant’s qualification on its own, as well as to set up their enrollment period. As a rule, Leaving Certificate or any diploma available is demanded to start with enrollment procedure though academic progress transcript is required during study.
- TOEFL or IELTS Exams results and English language proficiency Certificate.
- In case if the applicant is successfully admitted, the latter should make arrangements with the university in the home country to become the warrantor. Otherwise, the applicant will not get a student visa.
- scholarship that fully covers all living expenses (accommodation and food) in the country to be still enough to pay study fees.
- scholarship that covers only the study fee.
- partial scholarship that 50% cuts the study fees.
- Form ID995A to be completed and signed only by the applicant.
- Form ID995B to be completed and signed by the warrantor residing in the country of destination.
- A copy of any identification paper, including passes and tickets.
- Applicant’s photograph.
- A copy of the letter of acceptance with the letter of reply that confirms final decision on enrollment to the university.
- Evidences on academic performance. In case the applicant holds more diplomas, certificates and other awards, the better way is to submit all such credentials since Hong Kong government targets to have the future specialist employed in the country of study.
- Bank statement that confirms the required amount of financial resources owned by the applicant. In case the applicant is awarded the scholarship, the paper to prove it should be also submitted. If the applicant is sponsored by the third party, the latter should submit documented papers of its own creditworthiness and reasons for funding. This requirement is set to avoid obligations of the student if future to the sponsor.
- Documents that evidence on reservation, that is, any papers that confirm on accommodation agreements.