- Education in Europe
- English-speaking countries
- Education in Asia
- Another countries
Switzerland - General information
Statistics - Rankings
|Arts and Humanities||15|
|Engineering and Technology||24|
|Life Sciences and Medicine||16|
|Social Sciences and Management||17|
|Economics & Business||11|
Statistics - Education
|Popularity rating in the world||21|
|Ranking of universities in the world||8|
|Quality of teaching||20|
|Citations per Faculty||14|
Statistics - Universities
|Universities in top 100||4|
|Universities in top 200||7|
|Universities in top 500||8|
|Universities in top 1000||8|
|Universities in top 5000||26|
Cost of living in Switzerland, USD/month
|Communications and utilities||$96||$110|
|Sports and leisure||$52||$185|
Accommodation in Switzerland, USD/month
|Shared room outside of centre||$598|
|Shared room in city centre||$787|
|1 bedroom apartment outside of centre||$913|
|1 bedroom apartment in city centre||$1242|
When talking about Switzerland, most people tend to fancy the picturesque nature and luxury infrastructure in the country. To the point, as the part of Europe, the country managed to turn to the most prosperous place of the business solvency having no substantial mineral resources. This should be of high value to consider when presenting the country as the region. This is probably a good reason for most prosperous people who tend to have their children educated in here. However, anyone may consider Switzerland as the study destination irrespective of the welfare level.
When bringing up the key advantages of study in the country, the following might be of considerable and critical value:
|11||1||Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich||Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich||Zurich||1,140 $||1,140 $|
|44||2||Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne||Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne||Lausanne||1,244 $||1,244 $|
|53||3||University of Zurich||University of Zurich||Zurich||2,177 $||1,762 $|
|61||4||University of Geneva||University of Geneva||Geneva||1,036 $||1,036 $|
|110||5||University of Basel||University of Basel||Basel||1,762 $||1,762 $|
|154||6||University of Bern||University of Bern||Berne||1,555 $||1,555 $|
|167||7||University of Lausanne||University of Lausanne||Lausanne||1,194 $||1,194 $|
|418||8||University of St. Gallen||University of St. Gallen||Zurich||6,482 $||6,897 $|
|1010||9||University of Fribourg||University of Fribourg||Fribourg||1,658 $||1,658 $|
|1095||10||University of Neuchâtel||University of Neuchâtel||Neuchatel||1,627 $||1,627 $|
- the quoteworthy education level effectively assured by the government. This is strongly associated with specific traditions concerning education level in the country.
- the education basis lies in the best synthesis of the most effective global education systems. In other words, the Swiss education system is the mixture of systems adopted in Germany, Great Britain, America and France. It is of note that such approach regarding education system ensures full employment of the university graduates elsewhere in the world. However, students are strongly required to show high academic records since the curriculum levels are far more intensive than anywhere in the world. The most intriguing is that students may choose the class hours on their own so late risers may also benefit from such provisions.
- study period may be easily matched with outdoor activities: national tourism is on high level, indeed. Students do not fail to see that.
- international students attain perfect practical skills of spoken language and hone knowledge due to four state languages adopted in Switzerland. Those who come to learn something new, may start with learning Italian, French, German and Rhaeto-Romanic languages. As a student in Switzerland, foreigners open up opportunities to comprehend the western way of thinking. This could be one of options to employ in further job career.
- any student feels safe in Switzerland due to almost zero rate of crime and full neutrality in respect of politic issues.
- climatic conditions are beneficial for health. The place offers a range of health resorts where students can get in touch with lots of people with most of them coming from high-ranking families.
- application form completed(by the university curriculum course of attraction).
- curriculum vitae written and signed by the applicant.
- a letter of reference taken from the previous place of study.
- a copy of the Leaving Certificate. In case of a higher education diploma and plans to study for Master’s level in Switzerland, the applicant needs to verify that on-hand diploma complies with international requirements and that the qualification conforms to the level set to Master’s level programme. In case of discrepancy, the applicant might want to attend specific-purpose courses for a year to lose.
- language proficiency certificate (IELTS of at least 5.5 or TOEFL 500).
- Diploma Supplement with all disciplines and credits indicated.
- It takes two to three months to manage correspondence with the tertiary education institution.
- in case of rejection, there is still time to submit documents to another university to save a year.
- ESKAS (Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students). Only four educational grants are allotted for each university. If the applicant is granted with such financial aid, this amount will make 1600 to 1800 Swiss francs per month for a year. The grant is valid only within one academic year, which makes 9 months.
- MAPOW (Management-Ausbildungsprojekt-Ost-West). This is an international scholarship programme for students majoring in Economics. The volume is 40 grants per year.
- Educational system in France
- Educational system in Italy
- Educational system in Germany
- Educational system in Austria