Amazfit Bip was launched on December 8, 2017. This smart watch can be referred to as a simplified version of Amazfit Pace. The set of functions of these two devices is almost the same, although Amazfit Bip supports fewer kinds of sport (there is no support for trail running and exercises on exercise bikes), it has a smaller display and it is more suitable for amateur sport than for the professional one. Despite this fact, in comparison with a similar Xiaomi Mi Band 2 model, Amazfit Bip has an advantage in the form of a durable and relatively large screen, the GPS system and a long battery life.
- Periodic measurement of heart rate with an optical heart rate monitor;
- The ability to track walking, cycling, running outdoors and running on a treadmill;
- Tracking the sleep time and its phases;
- A user is informed about incoming calls, SMS, events from the calendar, e-mail messages with the help of vibration;
- Tracking the running speed and route with GPS;
- Calculation of the calories burned during physical exercises;
- Time and weather showing, a timer and a compass.
- Amazfit Bip holds the charge well, its battery life in practice is up to 20 days with GPS enabled;
- Amazfit Bip regularly checks the heart rate (the measurement graph can be set in the Mi Fit application) and allows you to build up a good overall picture of the heart rate throughout the day;
- When you run on a treadmill, Amazfit Bip helps you to track your progress by informing its user about every kilometer that he/she has run with vibration;
- Amazfit Bip almost never loses Bluetooth connectivity to attached devices;
- Amazfit Bip display is visible perfectly in the sun.
- Amazfit Bip’s touchscreen is not responsive. Often in order to make a command appera on the display, it is necessary to put some effort by pressing it several times;
- Amazfit Bip does not measure the pulse regularly. To measure the heart rate, you must select this function manually from the menu;
- Amazfit Bip displays notifications inconveniently: when a user gets notifications from messengers, Amazfit Bip notifies you of the entire branch of previously unread messages instead of showing the most recent unread ones;
- Amazfit Bip does not involve strength training. Therefore, for those who prefer running or cycling to working out at the gym, we recommend paying more money, but getting a reliable device. For example, Garmin Vivosport, Atlas Wristband 2, Samsung Gear Fit 2 Pro, Fitbit Charge 2 or TomTom Spark 3;
- Amazfit Bip is not fully compatible with iOS: the Notify & Fitness for Amazfit app is not available for iOS, and you will not be able to change the look of your watch's main screen with a tablet or an Apple smartphone. Nevertheless, 10 themes for change will be available on the watch itself, but you will not be able to use the additional 11 themes from the application;
- Amazfit Bip is considered to be one of the best cheap GPS enabled watches, but the frequency of the sensor’s scanning of this smart watch is too low in order to make a pretence at being a device suitable for professional running;
- Amazfit Bip can not be synchronized with the computer, since the USB cable that comes with the computer is equipped only with power supply lines.
- Amazfit Bip can give incorrect information about how many kilometers you have run;
- Amazfit Bip often does not recognize awakening and for a long time supposes that the user is still asleep.
- Despite the degree of dust and moisture resistance IP68, do not immerse the device in water for a long time, with the exception of some daily and household contacts of Amazfit Bip with water (washing hands, doing the washing-up or taking a shower);
- Use only Amazfit Bip licensed firmware and do not install other third-party firmwares from the Internet, as they do not guarantee security and can do harm to the device.
- Users note that Amazfit Bip is an excellent option of a smart watch for those who have never had experience of dealing with similar devices and for those whose requirements for watches are not high;
- It is reported that the standard Amazfit Bip strap draws dust to it and even the slightest dirt becomes noticeable there, and it is very difficult to remove it from the surface of the strap;
- According to the remarks of some users, the compass on Amazfit Bip is useless because it shows incorrect data or does not want to be calibrated at all;
- It is known that Amazfit Bip is rather simple to use, but its interface is not so clear at first sight and you need some time to get used to it;
- Users confirm the full incompatibility of Amazfit Bip with strength training. When you try to measure the pulse during your training at the gym, Amazfit Bip shows a very low heart rate even when it is felt to be wrong.
- Mi Fit. The application allows you to save your workout data, synchronize with Mi Body Composition Scale, analyze sleep, set announcements of notifications, SMS and calls, control the alarm clock on the smart watch. In addition, if you sit too long without moving, Mi Fit will send a notification to your watch with a vibration that will remind you that it's time to walk a little.
- Notify & Fitness for Amazfit. Notify & Fitness for Amazfit is, in fact, an equivalence of Mi Fit, but it has paid additional functions and add-ons, such as setting customized notifications for each phonebook contact, ignoring notifications from unwanted applications so they do not appear on the watch, searching for a phone / tablet connected to Amazfit Bip. The free version differs from Mi Fit by its ability to set up to 8 alarm clocks.
|Model||Bip||Mi Band 2||Band 3||Charge 2||i6 Pro|
|Material sensor||Plastic; aluminum||Plastic||Stainless steel||Stainless steel|
|Material strap||Thermoplastic elastomer||Polyurethane||Elastomer||Polyurethane|
|Item width||15.7 mm.||16.5 mm.||225 mm.||19.8 mm.|
|Item height||40.3 mm.||43 mm.||129 mm.||39.6 mm.|
|Item depth||10.5 mm.||10.3 mm.||2506 mm.||9.5 mm.|
|Item weight||19.4 gram||18 gram||36.8 gram||18 gram|
|Package weight||90 gram||104 gram||300 gram||85 gram|
|Package width||10 mm.||100 mm.||112 mm.||95 mm.|
|Package height||3 mm.||40 mm.||53 mm.||20 mm.|
|Package depth||10 mm.||160 mm.||200 mm.||175 mm.|
|Display size||0.42 inches||0.91 inches||1.5 inches||0.73 inches|
|Display colors||1 colors||1 colors||1 colors||1 colors|
|Display width||32 px||88 px|
|Display height||128 px||128 px|
|Pixel density||147 ppi||213 ppi|
|Auto adjust brightness|
|Temperature minimum||-20 °C||14 °C||-20 °C|
|Temperature max||70 °C||113 °C||60 °C|
|Battery capacity||70 mAh||100 mAh||58.2 mAh|
|Battery life - waiting||480 hours||720 hours||720 hours||240 hours|
|Battery life - tested||15 hours|
|Input voltage||5 volt||5 volt||5 volt||5 volt|
|Input current||45 mA|
|Charging time||2 hours||1.5 hours||1-2 hours||2 hours|
|Call ID display|
|Operating system||Proprietary OS||Proprietary OS||Proprietary OS||Proprietary OS|
|Find my phone|
|Find my device|
|Camera shoot control|
|Ability to turn off|
|Rotate to switch|
|Dynamic heart rate|
|Reminder to move|
|Guided breathing sessions|
|UP by Jawbone|
|Bluetooth||4.0 LE||4.2||4.0 LE||4.0|