|Shops - 7||Reviews||Prices|
|Yandex Market||5||4.0||141 USD Buy|
|Amazon.com||14866||4.2||149 USD Buy|
|Walmart||415||4.4||149 USD Buy|
|BestBuy||9863||4.6||149 USD Buy|
|Fitbit official||150 USD Buy|
|Technopark||157 USD Buy|
|ICULT.RU||168 USD Buy|
Fitbit Charge 2 is a multifunctional wristband that includes an accelerometer and an optical heart rate monitor. Its pedometer is one of the most accurate on the market. But there is no protection against water, so you cannot swim wearing this wristband. The second generation inherits Fitbit Charge HR and offers more functions at the same price. So it is worth upgrading the device! With regard to the set of functions and accuracy of tracking, the wristband is one of the best on the market, but the price seems to be a bit high. Fitbit Charge 2 has not achieved the level of smart watches category. There is no built-in GPS and a headset with a microphone, there are no templates for messages to answer, in general, the autonomy is not impressive. The gadget copes well with fitness tracking, but doesn’t do any more. For smart watch fans Fitbit offers, for example, Blaze model, but it is even more expensive.
|Operating system||Proprietary OSSupport updates|
|Body||36.8gram225 x 129 x 2506mm.|
|Package||300gram112 x 53 x 200mm.|
|Protection||Water ResistantWR20Temperature14 / 113|
|Type||OLEDBacklightConstantly workingDisplay colors1|
|Synchronization||Android4.4iOS versionBlackberryWindows10Mac OS10.6Web|
|Memory card||Card slot|
|Connection||NFCFM RadioInfrared port|
|Sound||Headphone input 3.5mmDictaphone|
|Features||Play audioPhoto viewerPlay videoJavaBrowser|
|Charger||1-2hoursMagnetic chargerWireless charger5volt|
|Battery life||Battery life - waiting720hours|
|Notifications||LightVibrationIncoming callIncoming messageCall ID displayApps|
|Watch||Digital facesAnalog-digital facesAnalog face|
|Time||Silence alarmStopwatchTimerSmart alarmCalendarWeather|
|Conrol||ButtonsFind my phoneAbility to turn offRotate to switchVoice controlFind my device|
|Remote control||Camera shoot controlCall initializationRead SMSRead EmailIMMusic control|
|Fitness||Dynamic heart rateTraining modeReminder to moveGuided breathing sessionsCalorie consumptionDistance coveredActive minutes|
|Diary||Food logWater logWeight logScan barcode|
|Sport||RuningWorkoutTreadmillWalkingWeight trainingCyclingSoccerCricketTennisVolleyballTable tennisField hockeyBaseballGolfAmerican footballBasketballBadmintonRugbyBoxIce HockeySwimming Snooker EllipticalSkipping ropeIce skatingBowlingSkiDancingYogaAerobicsPlankMountaineeringRock climbing|
The general design remained to be the same as one in Fitbit Charge HR — it is a modular set consisted of a screen and two parts of the wristband. Straps can be detached easily, but they do not tear accidentally. It is necessary to get used to the wristband so that it fits your arm tightly and records the pulse, but does not clamp your wrist. The case is now completely filled with the display. The wristband became thicker. There is a physical button for browsing screens on the one side of the wristband body, it changes information about steps, pulse, calories, training modes. On the back side there is a small protrusion of the heart rate monitor. There are no complaints about the convenience of the device. The straps became more pleasant than ones in Fitbit Charge HR, after a few days you get used to them even at night. The only shortcoming — the screen can accidentally turn on from a sudden arm movement during the sleep. On the official site Fitbit Charge 2 is available with silicone and leather straps, you will have to pay for the leather one some additional sum of money. Silicone colors are the following: black, blue, turquoise, gray, green. The leather is light, dark and brown. Restrained colors are suitable for classical style, brighter colors suit young people more. Overall, the design of the tracker is simple that doesn’t not stand out. When ordering, you can choose a suitable strap size. Fitbit has a PDF with a tape on its official site — you can print it out and wrap it around your arm to find out your size.
In comparison with the previous generation, in Fitbit Charge 2 there are:
- Longer straps of all sizes — M, L, XL;
- A full-fledged OLED screen of 3.8 cm. in size;
- The case that is not completely steel, but a plastic one with a steel frame;
- A function of calculating the maximum consumption of oxygen by the body;
- Moreover, it can be synchronized with GPS on your smartphone.
- Automatic tracking of training with switchover and pauses between exercises;
- There is a training diary and motivating tasks in the application;
- Social networks and communication with friends are also available in the application;
- Finding of steps taken and distance covered;
- Determination of height, for example, stairs and steps;
- Constant pulse measurement;
- Analysis of sleep time and sleep phases;
- Calculation of the calories burned and training time;
- Determination of maximum oxygen consumption;
- A reminder of a lack of activity;
- The breath control mode for calming down the pulse.
- Precise sensors. A heart rate monitor and a pedometer almost do not make errors, at this moment Fitbit has the best sensors on the market;
- Large bright display. It has appeared only in this version;
- Detailed statistics. It is available in Fitbit application;
- Accurate sleep monitoring. It identifies sleep time well and it is quite good at sleep stage determination, and what’s more, according to our tests, it is one of the most accurate trackers;
- Regular reminders. It is an excellent motivation for fulfilling goals;
- Training mode. It offers a wide variety of kinds of sport.
We have tested the fitness wristband Fitbit Charge 2. This wristband is much more functional than cheaper models like Xiaomi Mi Band 2, but for this cost it has too many drawbacks.
- The ability to customize the appearance of the watch and the information shown on the display;
- An accelerometer measures steps and floors climbed accurately, even when there is no hand or arm movement;
- An accelerometer distinguishes the movement of a hand from steps;
- During the entire testing period the maximum heart rate deviation is only 7bpm;
- It is easy to fasten the wristband and adjust its length, it fits your arm firmly.
- It does not recognize the removal from the arm. It can continue to register activity. Obtained "fictitious" results, when the wristband is not on the arm, spoil all the pulse statistics;.
- No good water resistance. There is only a splash protection;
- Short battery life. It can work without recharging only for 5 days;
- Not a very convenient charger. It doesn’t have the magnet and is attached to the wristband badly;
- Relatively heavy weight. 35 grams for a fitness wristband is already perceptible;
- There is no smart alarm clock. The gadget signals at the exact preset time without any reaction to sleep phases;
- An obsolete screen. It is black and white and is not touch-sensitive;
- Limited notifications. They come only when the wristband is synchronized with the smartphone, they are not stored in the memory, it is impossible to answer a message or a call.
- When it fits your arm loosely, the wristband shows inaccurate data, so it is often necessary to wait until the data stabilizes and the gadget recognizes the arm;
- When being removed, it adds periodically extra minutes or even hours of training and sleep time;
- It determines a fast sleep phase very roughly, it often confuses it with just a light sleep, like many other wristbands;
- The strap sometimes pinches the skin, which is quite unpleasant;
- Because of the additional plug, it is difficult to stretch the strap for a wide arm;
- The brightness of the display is not adjustable, at night the light is too bright;
- At night, the screen can be accidentally turned on due to an arm movement.
- Failures during the sleep registration. It should be borne in mind that if you wake up for 2 minutes to drink water, then the wristband will most likely count about 10 sleepless minutes, even if you immediately fall asleep;
- Synchronization errors. Problems are not regular, but sometimes they may occur. Periodically it cannot update sleep data during 10 minutes, even after forced synchronization;
- Old graphs in the application. The wristband can display statistics — mostly about sleep — in the old form as it was before the firmware updating. And there are no beautiful graphs from Fitbit!
- Incorrect tracking. Firmware bugs sometimes lead to the fact that the gadget tracks activity badly. The error is approximately 30%.
- To obtain more accurate statistics, it is necessary to minimize the time of wristband absence on the arm;
- Charge the device while taking a shower, this will minimize the inaccuracy of the data and will allow you to wear the wristband for a longer period of time during activity;
- Put the charger in a visible place to remember to put on the device;
- If the Bluetooth connection consumes a lot of battery charge or you simply do not want to use it, then just turn off the permanent synchronization function in the settings;
- The manufacturer declares that the device is protected from splashes. Still it is better not to use Fitbit Charge 2 in a shower or in the swimming pool and protect it from rain;
- In order not to get skin irritation, it is necessary to wash the strap immediately after buying — not the case itself — using warm water without soap. During the first week it is better to wash and remove the wristband for the night each day. Then it will be enough to do it once in two weeks.