|Shops - 15||Reviews||Prices|
|AliExpress||3037||4.9||32 USD Buy|
|Ebay||37 USD Buy|
|Yandex Market||38||4.0||42 USD Buy|
|Pleer.ru||43 USD Buy|
|BeCompact||44 USD Buy|
|JUST||45 USD Buy|
|Ozon.ru||5||5.0||47 USD Buy|
|GearBest||60||4.8||48 USD Buy|
|Huaway Honor Russia||48 USD Buy|
|KEY||34||4.0||48 USD Buy|
|Svyaznoy||14||4.5||48 USD Buy|
|Beeline||48 USD Buy|
|KEY||28||4.0||48 USD Buy|
|Technopark||48 USD Buy|
|DNS||34||3.9||49 USD Buy|
Huawei Honor Band 3 is the third item in the range of fitness wristbands designed by Huawei. The device is regarded as a representative of economy class, a more advanced counterpart of Xiaomi Mi Band 2. You will have to pay for the additional features: in comparison with the competitor, the price is higher. Huawei Honor Band 3 does not offer innovative technologies. It is a simple and reliable device with the basic functions of cheap wristbands. The model monitors and stores data on physical activity and exercises, continuously measures the pulse, monitors the quality of sleep and counts the steps taken. The wristband is synchronized with a smartphone easily to send data and receive notifications from applications. Although you will not get pieces of professional advice on training from a cheap fitness wristband, it counts the calories burned successfully. Among the training modes there is even swimming. The device is completely protected from water — you can dive to a depth of 50 meters wearing this wristband. According to the information from Chinese vendors, in 2018 Huawei Honor Band 3 outperformed even Xiaomi Mi Band 2 becoming the leader of the selling rating. It's no wonder — according to the price and quality correlation, this wristband is one of the best options right now. Before buying, always check the version of the wristband. Now international and Chinese versions are being sold. The latter is more expensive: there is a chip NFC for contactless payment, but it works only in China. So, it is not a bug! What’s more, in the Chinese version you cannot choose an arm to wear the wristband on, and when you wear it on the right arm the display will always be turned upside down. It is also not a bug, but a version peculiarity. Ask a seller about the version details in order not to overpay for useless chip.
|Operating system||Proprietary OSSupport updates|
|Body||18gram16.5 x 43 x 10.3mm.|
|Package||104gram100 x 40 x 160mm.|
|Type||PMOLEDBacklightConstantly workingDisplay colors1|
|Resolution||32 x 128px147ppi|
|Synchronization||Android4.4iOS version8BlackberryWindowsMac OSWeb|
|Memory card||Card slotROMFlash|
|Connection||NFCFM RadioInfrared port|
|Sound||Headphone input 3.5mmDictaphone|
|Features||Play audioPhoto viewerPlay videoJavaBrowser|
|Charger||1.5hoursMagnetic chargerWireless charger5volt|
|Battery life||Battery life - waiting720hoursBattery life - tested15hours|
|Notifications||LightVibrationIncoming callIncoming messageCall ID displayApps|
|Watch||Digital facesAnalog-digital facesAnalog face|
|Time||Silence alarmStopwatchTimerSmart alarmCalendarWeather|
|Conrol||ButtonsFind my phoneAbility to turn offRotate to switchVoice controlFind my device|
|Remote control||Camera shoot controlCall initializationRead SMSRead EmailIMMusic control|
|Fitness||Dynamic heart rateTraining modeReminder to moveGuided breathing sessionsCalorie consumptionDistance coveredActive minutes|
|Diary||Food logWater logWeight logScan barcode|
|Sport||RuningWorkoutTreadmillWalkingWeight trainingCyclingSoccerCricketTennisVolleyballTable tennisField hockeyBaseballGolfAmerican footballBasketballBadmintonRugbyBoxIce HockeySwimming Snooker EllipticalSkipping ropeIce skatingBowlingSkiDancingYogaAerobicsPlankMountaineeringRock climbing|
Despite the number, Honor Band 3 is less functional. The main differences are the following:
- There is no built-in GPS. The third version works only with the receiver in the smartphone, so the accuracy suffers. The "Pro" version has its own accurate GPS;
- The analysis of trainings is worse. Honor Band 2 Pro offers a "personal trainer". The gadget takes into account all the indicators in the training mode, draws up a plan of classes for different purposes: increasing the running distance, restoring the body strengths, breathing control;
- The battery life is longer. It is the only advantage, not taking into account the price: the battery of Honor Band 3 lasts a maximum of a month, and Honor Band 2 Pro — no longer than 20 days;
- The price is by 20 USD lower (Honor Band 3 costs 40 USD, Honor Band 2 Pro costs 60 USD).
The design of Honor Band 3 is restrained and simple — a black plastic case and a black standard strap. It does not stand out, it matches any clothes. It fits your arm comfortably and tightly, you can even sleep wearing the wristband. There are a lot of holes in the strap, so it's easy to adjust it to any arm. The silicone strap is available in three colors: black, orange and blue. The wristband is connected to the screen in the form of a capsule smoothly without any seams. The small size of the display can be regarded as a shortcoming of the device — but it looks stylish and simple on the arm. The display is monochrome, letters are read clearly. Only in the bright sunlights the sun reflects on the screen and it makes the text almost impossible to read. The touch zone is only one — a small circle on the front part under the screen. The pulse sensors are located on the inside of the wristband. They fit the skin tightly, but do not cause any discomfort.
In comparison with the competitor from Xiaomi, Huawei wristband has:
- An official smart alarm clock with waking up in a fast phase. For Mi Band 2 you will have to download a third-party application — a smart "out of the box" alarm clock is not available;
- Full water resistance up to 50 meters. Mi Band 2 can withstand both shower and short-term bathing, but the manufacturer does not give any guarantees;
- Notifications on the tracker screen. In Honor Band 3 you can see whom the message or call has come from and you can even read the text, and in Mi Band 2 — just the fact of the call / message is available;
- Unlimited number of applications with notifications. You can mark even all of them installed on the smartphone. In Mi Band 2 there is a limit — 5 applications;
- The price is by 12 USD higher (Honor Band 3 — 40 USD, Xiaomi Mi Band 2 — 28 USD).
- Pedometer and calories counting. The tracker counts the distance covered and the number of calories burned — the steps are visible on the wristband, and detailed statistics can be seen on the smartphone;
- Monitoring sleep time and sleep phases. It is an automatic function. It means that the gadget determines itself when you go to bed and wake up. It counts time you spend sleeping with the differentiation between a slow and a fast phase, shows the number of awakenings, gives some advice;
- Regular pulse measurement. Like sleep control, it is an automatic function too. The sensors measure the pulse all the time, fit the arm perfectly. In training mode, the tracker warns of exceeding the heart rate threshold in different zones from warming-up to extremely hard exercises;
- Different training modes. There is running, walking, biking and swimming. Through the smartphone you can set the settings for each workout;
- Smart alarm clock. The wristband monitors the pulse and activity, so it awakens the person in the phase of fast sleep — perhaps a little bit earlier than the set time. It is definitely an advantage, waking up is much easier. Alarm signal is increasing or it is simply a vibration;
- Notifications from smartphone applications. After synchronization, you can choose which smartphone programs will duplicate the information on the wristband. There is a support for social networks and messages. You can even reject the call, but you will not be able to accept it;
- Notification of a lack of activity. If you sit for more than an hour without moving, the wristband vibrates, reminding you to walk a bit.
- Regular pulse monitoring. The wristband continuously monitors heartbeats and marks the pulse in five zones — from calm to critical one. The device will warn if the heart rate goes beyond the normal limits, it will help to avoid harmful to health exertions. Heart rate readings appear on the wristband display. To activate the screen and see the data, you should wave your wrist sharply;
- Relatively high tracking accuracy. The wristband counts steps, calories, pulse and the duration of sleep quite accurately — in comparison with its competitors of the same price category. The accuracy is not ideal, but without a very serious error;
- Convenient management. Among the controllers are a button, wrist movements and an application on the smartphone. Although you can find fault with the function management, Huawei Honor Band 3 stands out from its competitors. You can see the pulse, select the training mode and set alarm clock just by using a single control button. Sometimes you have to spend some time to page through and get to the right point, but in general, it's easy to understand the system. Advanced settings are available from the smartphone, and during the workout you can set the switch to another mode or watch the pulse with your wrist movement;
- Different training modes. From walking to swimming. The device takes into account the characteristics of various types of physical activity. There is no, for example, mode of swimming or cycling in other wristbands of the same price category. For each type of activity the number of calories burned is counted and the duration of training is stored. In the pool or at the gym it is not necessary to keep the phone nearby: the data will still be stored;
- The maximum lifetime of the battery is 30 days. It is longer than the lifetime of other cheap models. The wristband is equipped with a battery of 100 mAh, whereas its main competitors have a battery capacity of less than 70 mAh. Therefore, Huawei Honor Band 3 holds a charge for a long time, in the sleeping mode it can work up to 30 days. It takes an hour and a half to charge the device completely.
- You can reject a call directly from the device by moving your wrist;
- Double clasp fastening — the wristband will not be gone even during active training;
- In Huawei Wear, you can devise training plans. Based on the current level, the desired result and the amount of time available to achieve it, a suitable program is chosen;
- All data is stored on your smartphone. Statistics are continual, at any time you can check how many steps you have taken for a specific day, a week or a month. Here you can also find the information about a percentage of running and heavy lifting, the distance covered, the location and the calories burned;
- The wristband can be worn on both the right and the left arms;
- The tracking of sleep is quite accurate for trackers of this price category.
- Errors in measurements. The main complaints refer to the sensors of steps and pulse. The wristband will not suit professional athletes who need accurate pulse tracking. Users note significant deviations in the pedometer — Huawei Honor Band 3 regularly exaggerates the figures;
- There is no GPS. Navigation works only through smartphone GPS. If you turn on the navigator through your smartphone, you'll have to wait a little longer than after turning on the built-in module of its competitors. Accuracy also suffers. Therefore, the tracker is not very suitable for professional running exercises and cycling;
- Unreliable assembly. It depends on the specific model, but this point is noted by many users. The main problem here is the strap. It is fixed on small bolts, but often detaches from the case and screen. At the same time, the branded silicone strap fits your arm comfortably and can be adjusted for any wrists;
- Small real battery life. The wristband lives 2 weeks when it is used actively. In the case of the Huawei Honor Band 3 battery, expectations can give rise to disappointment. The month of operation without recharging declared by the manufacturer is more a theory than a practice. The wristband battery will last this amount of time if its capabilities are used minimum: to watch the time and occasionally count the steps taken. If you activate all functions, for example, constant pulse monitoring, then the maximum time without recharging is 10-14 days.
- The display is smaller compared to more expensive models, it becomes dim and almost invisible in the bright sunlights;
- To read a long message on a small screen, you'll have to scroll through it for a long time;
- If you read the notification on the smartphone, then the icon will still remain on the wristband. This can be annoying, especially if there are a lot of notifications.
- Crash when setting up workouts on iOS. The training program is a handy feature of the wristband, but iOS owners will be in for an unpleasant surprise. Often when you try to set this function, the application stops working at all;
- Conflict between the alarm clock and updates. It is not a mistake, just an uncomfortable point you have to remember about. The alarm clock does not work if at this moment the tracker will install the firmware update.
- Wrist control. The backlight lights up if you raise your hand upwards, and this movement makes page through the menu items. Another classic example — the screen turns on with a sharp turn of the wrist to yourself;
- Touch zone. To activate a workout or open a submenu, press and hold the button at the bottom of the screen;
- The central part of the display. To enter the settings, tap the display (but not the touch button!) twice quickly. Wait 1-2 seconds and tap twice once again. In the opened menu you can see the MAC address, firmware version, reset the wristband or reset the data;
- Smart Lock. A smartphone may not be locked if a wristband is connected to it. But the setting here is not the easiest one. Firstly, disconnect Huawei Wear on your smartphone, turn off and then turn on Bluetooth and start the device search. When you find the wristband, turn on Smart Lock in the smartphone security settings and return the application Huawei Wear;
- Battery saving. Another hint — after turning on the Smart Lock, disconnect the wristband in the Bluetooth settings. It is important! You should disconnect it, but not remove it completely. This will save the charge and will not affect the functionality of the gadgets in any way.
- Huawei Wear. Applications for the initial setting. The smartphone synchronizes with the wristband via Bluetooth in a few minutes. During the first contact you need to fill in the information about yourself: gender, age, height, weight. Next, you need to set the tracker. In Huawei Wear, you can choose a hand to wear a gadget on, turn on and off all basic functions, including a permanent heart rate monitor, a smart alarm clock, notifications from different applications. There is data on the percentage of charge, steps and calories. Study all the settings — this will help to reveal the potential of the wristband.
- Huawei Health. Although Huawei Wear also has basic indicators, for advanced fitness it is better to use Huawei Health. The application shows the statistics of steps, pulse, sleep, workouts by days, weeks and months. Everything is beautiful: graphs, diagrams, detailed data on request. With different training modes, the tracker will take the readings differently. There is no swimming mode in the application, although it can be included in the wristband itself.