- Education in Asia
- English-speaking countries
- Education in Europe
- Another countries
South Korea - General information
Statistics - Rankings
|Arts and Humanities||10|
|Engineering and Technology||6|
|Life Sciences and Medicine||8|
|Social Sciences and Management||9|
|Economics & Business||18|
Statistics - Education
|Popularity rating in the world||13|
|Ranking of universities in the world||16|
|Quality of teaching||4|
|Citations per Faculty||15|
Statistics - Universities
|Universities in top 100||1|
|Universities in top 200||6|
|Universities in top 500||11|
|Universities in top 1000||27|
|Universities in top 5000||98|
Cost of living in South Korea, USD/month
|Communications and utilities||$64||$89|
|Sports and leisure||$30||$90|
Accommodation in South Korea, USD/month
|Shared room outside of centre||$258|
|Shared room in city centre||$391|
|1 bedroom apartment outside of centre||$296|
|1 bedroom apartment in city centre||$441|
The educational scheme adopted in South Korea is believed to be one of the effective systems as compared with that in more mature markets. One of the distinctive features attributable to Korean tertiary education is the strong and rigid hierarchical pyramid. This is responsible for appraisal of university education in South Korea.
The competitive strength of education in South Korea depends on implementation of advanced technologies, low tuition, and prospects to get challenging and promising qualification degrees. More importantly, the country is reputed for its traditions and special culture with a variety of cultural heritage and architectural assets remained till now. Thus, international students are apt to get solid education and learn customs and life manners in South Korea at first hand. They get the chance to see the well-adjusted blend of traditions and advances that go forward at a high pulse. The English language is the principal language of study almost at all national universities though international students might prefer Korean. Each university sets English language courses for various levels of proficiency. This helps students apply for programmes that are most necessitated and supportive to have a good command of the language that is required to be enrolled to the university. The English language proficiency certificate is kind of start-up to enter the tertiary education institution in South Korea. The entrance requirements set by universities in South Korea are quite the same as in other countries. Consequently, the applicant should have the package of documents as specified below:
|52||1||Seoul National University||Seoul National University||Hanyang||6,903 $||4,384 $|
|115||2||Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology||Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology||Daejeon||7,000 $||27,000 $|
|148||3||Korea University||Korea University||Hanyang||11,433 $||11,000 $|
|149||4||Yonsei University||Yonsei University||Hanyang||8,391 $||12,295 $|
|156||5||Sungkyunkwan University||Sungkyunkwan University||Suwon||13,143 $||19,018 $|
|194||6||Pohang University of Science and Technology||Pohang University of Science and Technology||Pohang||11,023 $||11,023 $|
|245||7||Hanyang University||Hanyang University||Hanyang||11,464 $||12,821 $|
|288||8||Kyung Hee University||Kyung Hee University||Hanyang||7,722 $|
|370||9||Ewha Womans University||Ewha Womans University||Hanyang|
|430||10||Pusan National University||Pusan National University||Yangsan|
- Leaving Certificate. By the way, this is not the only primary requirement related to education level. The applicant should study for at least one year at the tertiary education institution as part of the admission procedure.
- Transcript of courses learned and TOEFL or IELTS Certificate is compulsory. If the applicant has the Test of Proficiency in Korean (TOPIK), it is better to attach the results to other papers, either, especially if the applicant shows high academic records. Since it is extremely competitive to become a student in Korea, high achievements will be in favor of an international student at enrollment and it is also responsible for the scholarship volume.
- Application form
- CV made in English and Korean languages
- Birth Certificates (a copy)
- Foreign passport (a copy)
- Reference letters provided by teachers
- English or Korean language proficiency certificate.
- governmental – this financial aid is given to pay for Master’s or Doctor’s degree programme and for short-term scientific trainings. The scholarship covers the tuition, medical insurance and accommodation costs. The student is entitled for a particular amount of money to buy books once a year.
- the second type of scholarship is provided for postgraduates and students majoring in engineering and exact sciences.
- letter of acceptance from the university
- a copy of the Leaving Certificate (translated into the language of study and duly notarized)
- a copy of Higher Education Diploma (translated into the language of study and duly notarized)
- documents that prove the applicant’s financial sufficiency
- valid foreign passport.