- Education in Europe
- English-speaking countries
- Education in Asia
- Another countries
Sweden - General information
Statistics - Rankings
|Arts and Humanities||22|
|Engineering and Technology||18|
|Life Sciences and Medicine||15|
|Social Sciences and Management||13|
|Economics & Business||8|
Statistics - Education
|Popularity rating in the world||33|
|Ranking of universities in the world||11|
|Quality of teaching||12|
|Citations per Faculty||12|
Statistics - Universities
|Universities in top 100||2|
|Universities in top 200||4|
|Universities in top 500||8|
|Universities in top 1000||11|
|Universities in top 5000||28|
Cost of living in Sweden, USD/month
|Communications and utilities||51||57|
|Sports and leisure||26||113|
Accommodation in Sweden, USD/month
|Shared room outside of centre||248|
|Shared room in city centre||363|
|1 bedroom apartment outside of centre||447|
|1 bedroom apartment in city centre||654|
The information contained in this site is provided for informational purposes only, in order to obtain accurate information on the tuition fees, please refer to the official website of the educational institution.
Speaking of the unique nature of Swedish higher educational institutions, the most important to consider is the very process of education based on the informal relationship between instructors and students. Such open interrelations facilitate development of creative thinking, which is highly appreciated in terms of cultural traditions of Sweden. It is also the rationale for many foreign students' desire to obtain higher education in a country, the advantages of which include:
|67||1||Uppsala University||Uppsala University||Uppsala||15,000 USD||17,000 USD|
|77||2||Lund University||Lund University||Lund||13,000 USD||13,000 USD|
|122||3||Stockholm University||Stockholm University||Stockholm||27,000 USD||27,000 USD|
|143||4||KTH Royal Institute of Technology||KTH Royal Institute of Technology||Stockholm||23,000 USD||23,000 USD|
|201||5||University of Gothenburg||University of Gothenburg||Goeteborg|
|214||6||Chalmers University of Technology||Chalmers University of Technology||Goeteborg||21,000 USD||21,000 USD|
|285||7||Linkoping University||Linkoping University||Linkoping||1,000 USD||1,000 USD|
|298||8||Umea University||Umea University||Umea||15,000 USD||15,000 USD|
|510||9||Karolinska Institute||Karolinska Institute||Stockholm||29,000 USD|
|650||10||Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences||Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences||Uppsala|
- Close ties between universities and industries, which enables students to undertake profession-oriented practical training several times during the period of study. Typically, students are assigned only to the most advanced enterprises for the intending specialist to master every stage of their future profession.
- Full independence of institutions of higher education. As a result, increasingly effective training programs are introduced by universities every year, emphasis being placed on the knowledge the graduates will really need for work in industries.
- Commitment to high standards for the quality of education. Such an approach enables diplomas obtained in Sweden to list equity throughout the entire world, which means every opportunity is opened up for the graduates, wherever they decide to apply their knowledge. Worth noting, the dominant number of Nobel laureates have been conferred a degree at a Swedish university, while Alfred Nobel himself was a native of Sweden.
- Facilitation of early adaptation of students. Despite Swedish is the official language of the country, foreign students are offered instruction in English.
- Available a free Education.
- choose a specialization; it is possible to decide upon several programmes;
- pay the fee for the examination of documents, as the procedure is provided on a paying basis;
- send the package of documents translated in English by mail or courier delivery.
- The document confirming admission to the university;
- Bank statement confirming the applicant's account comes with the minimal sum of money specified by law;
- The grant or scholarship award letter, or employment contract. If the student plans to live and study in Sweden at the expense of self-financing, the availability of €850 per month for the entire period of study must be proved.
- Educational system in Norway
- Educational system in Finland
- Educational system in Denmark
- Educational system in Russia