As the commercial, scientific and tourist resort area, Saints-Petersburg boasts to be the capital of culture of Russia. The historic downtown of the city makes the list of the UNESCO World Heritage Site. This is one of the most beautiful cities in the country and in the world. It is often called “Northern Venice”. Saints-Petersburg is the large educational center with 350 research institutions of specific purpose and large tertiary education facilities settled there. The city runs hundreds of universities. Outwith universities of conventional purpose, the city provides military and religious educational establishments. The globally acknowledged ballet and musical schools of Saint-Petersburg are also eye-catching both for tourists and students to study thereat.
- Saint-Petersburg is the city full of greenery; trees and shrubs nurtured in there take about 40% of the area playing a great role in the environmental health. Most university campuses site at picturesque places. So, the campus of the Saint-Petersburg State University stands on the Vasilyevsky Island with the main building – the house of Twelve Collegia – to be the historical site. Old Peterhof hosts the Petrodvortsoviy educational and scientific body.
- The Saint-Petersburg research center of the Russian Academy of sciences consolidates 60 institutes which are available for young researchers.
- The busy life waits for students there: they are offered about 200 museums there along with dozens of cinemas and hundreds of clubs. Saint-Petersburg is the place of specific atmosphere that can offer particular things to enjoy for every single person.
- oldest and largest libraries in Russia locate in Saint-Petersburg among all others. The Research Library named after Maksim Gorkiy was founded in 1783 to host seven million volumes of material.
- Saint-Petersburg is the city with superb historic past and exceedingly beautiful architecture. The students may want to visit open-air museums in Peterhof, Oranienbaum, Tsarskoe Selo and Pavlovsk. Most of them are customized with bicycling parks and walking paths.
- Saint-Petersburg is known to be the city of bridges; there are more than 580 bridges inside and outside of the city. Twenty of them are pivot bridges.
- This is the place to locate the highest cathedral in Russia of 122.5 meters in height.
- The season of white nights starts in the end of May in Saint-Petersburg. In June, it is too white in everywhere that no one can see a single star in the sky.
- A person may spend the whole of 8 years of the life to examine the collections if they stay for one minute at each exhibit at the famous Hermitage.
- The weather in Saint-Petersburg varies day to day. The natives often say that one should take an umbrella if the weather forecast predicts a sunny day.
Showing 1-5 of 2,648 items.
|Kazan||Tatarstan, Gorod Kazan’||18||1104738|
|Novosibirsk||Novosibirsk, Novosibirskiy Rayon||16||1419007|
- Education in Russia - Tuition - Courses - Programs
- Universities in Russia - Top Russian universities and colleges
- Student cities in Russia - List of cities and universities
- Scholarships & Grants in Russia - Free education in Russia
- Study in Russia – first-hand experience - UniPage
- English courses in Russia - Language schools
- Advantages education in Russia