Tomsk Polytechnic University scientific achievements
In 2014, the University scholars came up with the high-strength laminated material of their own invention. Moreover, researchers were included in the team to design field instruments for vibration measurement. The University opens its doors for authors who test the unique installation for destruction of reinforced concrete structures. The University staff is also engaged in researches and design in the sphere of vibration-based diagnostics. In 2014, the research team of the Tomsk Polytechnic University has submitted the breakthrough technology to obtain bio-active matrixes that are responsible to create comfortable environment for cell division process. Should the invention is proved effective for application, this will contribute to reduce the risk of post-surgery implant failure. The research center of the University created the radiopharmaceutical agent to early diagnose cancer disease. The University team invented the method of diamond nano-particle synthesis.
Why Tomsk Polytechnic University?
- Experimental installations of IRT-T nuclear reactor are located at the Tomsk Polytechnic University.
- The University employs high-end program of engineering education for Master-degree students who show high academic records at admission.
- The University ranks first in the country related to the volume of extra-budgetary scientific and research and experimental developments, including those based on foreign resources.
- The innovative zone of the Tomsk Polytechnic University totals 70 small businesses.
- The University staff counts for 380 professors and PhDs.
Factsheets about Tomsk Polytechnic University
- The University can be proud for its graduates including Nikolay Nikitin, the architect and designer of foundation for the main building of the Moscow State University, chief designer of the Ostankino TV-tower.
- Young scholars created the converter that is capable to link virtual life with the real one.
- The scientists experiment with application of development works with the purpose to identify the content of hazardous substances in food items.