We welcome you (the "user") as a customer, applicant, reader, editor, author, or contributor of the UniPage website (the "Site"). That means that everyone after registering on our Site can edit or add the information, University programs, courses etc. based on the true and confirmed information.
Please be aware that you are legally responsible for all of your published material (the “Content”), contributions, edits, and re-use of the Site content under the laws of the jurisdiction relevant to the country of registration and other applicable laws (which may include the laws where you live or where you view or edit content). This means it is important that you use caution when posting content. In light of this responsibility, we have some rules about what you cannot post, most of which is either for your own protection or for the protection of other users like yourself. Please keep in mind that the content we host is for general informational purposes only.
Scope of our Service - Information on the Site
Through the Site, UniPage provides an online platform through which you can browse different types of education institutions, such as universities, colleges, schools, etc. (collectively, the "University(s)") and the programs they offer to current or prospective students (the "Applicants"), register on the Site, edit the information on the Site within the limits stipulated by the present agreement, and apply for studying in one or more Universities.
When rendering our services, the information that we disclose about Universities is based on the information provided to us by You or our suppliers or providers (including but not necessarily limited to the Universities, their representatives, distributors, partners or other Users of the Site). As such, You, the Universities or their representatives are given access to edit the content of the Site, such as programs, courses, information about the Universities.
Once the University registers its official representative, it has the right to block access to edit the programs. Further control over the content will be carried out by the representative of the University. In that case the University will be fully responsible for updating all programs and courses, fees, availability, description, pictures, requirements and other information which is displayed on the Site. Thereby each University remains responsible at all times for the accuracy, completeness and correctness of the University information displayed on the Site. Changes in market conditions or circumstances may occur on short notice which may make information displayed on the Site inaccurate or outdated. In case of problems, our Customer Service will use its commercially reasonable efforts to assist you and serve as a point of contact with the University.
Although we will use commercially reasonable skill and care in performing our services we will not verify if, and cannot guarantee that, all information is accurate, complete, correct or up to date, nor can we be held responsible for non-delivery of information, any errors (including manifest and typographical errors), interruptions (whether due to any (temporary and/or partial) breakdown, repair, upgrade or maintenance of the Site or otherwise).
The Site does not constitute and should not be regarded as a recommendation or endorsement of the knowledge quality, teaching level or rating of any Universities listed on the Site. We hereby expressly disclaim any representation, warranty or undertaking in relation to the quality, status or adequacy of any Universities listed on the Site.
UniPage reserves the authorship of all analytical information and ratings posted on the Site. Despite the fact that the ratings compiled by UniPage experts are based on specific data, they are completely subjective and do not claim to the official information. Therefore, the conclusions made on the basis of these analyzes should be considered as subjective. Additionally, we are welcoming and considering any objective criticism of methodology for compiling ratings and suggestions for their improvement.
Refusal of processing an application
We reserve the right not to accept the applications (or in exceptional cases to cancel confirmed ones) at our discretion and for whatever (legal) reason without the need to justify such refusal.
We also reserve the right to bar ("blacklist") users from the Site, on a permanent or temporary basis, at our discretion. Any such blacklisted user must not attempt to use the Site under any other name or through any other user.
In rare cases, we may also have to cancel or reject the submitted application due to "obvious errors", independent of the origin of such errors. For clarity, an obvious error is a mistake on the Site (e.g. in terms of price, duration of education) which a reasonable person would not consider to be normal. Whether to cancel or reject the application for this reason is the sole discretion of UniPage.
Use of the Site
You may only use the Site to make bona fide and legitimate enquiries, submit the application and use the other services presented on the Site.
You undertake that the payment details you provide us with in rendering of consulting services are fully correct. You also undertake to provide correct and accurate e-mail, postal and/or other contact details to UniPage and acknowledge that UniPage may use these details to contact you in the event that this should prove necessary.
Accordingly, as a condition of using the Site, you agree not to:
- make any speculative, false, or fraudulent Applications;
- use the Site or its contents for any non-authorized commercial purpose;
- access, monitor or copy any content or information of the Site using any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means or any manual process for any purpose without our express prior written permission;
- violate the restrictions in any robot exclusion headers on the Site or bypass or circumvent other measures employed to prevent or limit access to the Site;
- take any action that imposes, or may impose, in our discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- deep-link to any portion of the Site (including, without limitation, purchase paths) for any purpose without our express prior written permission;
- re-sell, use, copy, monitor, display, download or reproduce any content or information, software, products or services available on the Site for any commercial or competitive activity or purpose;
- "frame", "mirror" or otherwise incorporate any part of the Site into any other website without our prior written authorization;
- deliver any unlawful (according to any and all applicable laws or regulations) postings to or through the Site, or any postings which advocate illegal activity;
- deliver, or provide links to, any postings containing material that could be considered harmful, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, violent, abusive, profane, racist, discriminating, insulting, threatening, tortuous, harassing, hateful or otherwise objectionable;
- deliver or provide links to, any postings containing defamatory, slanderous, false or libelous material;
- deliver any posting that infringes or violates any intellectual property or other right of any entity or person, including, without limitation, copyrights, patents, trademarks, laws governing trade secrets, rights to privacy, or publicity;
- deliver any posting that you do not have a right to make available under law or contractual or fiduciary relationships;
- impersonate another person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity, or adopt a false identity if the purpose of doing so is to mislead, deceive, or defraud another;
- use the Site in any manner which could damage, disable, overburden, or impair or otherwise interfere with the use of the Site or other users' computer equipment, or cause damage, disruption or limit the functioning of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site, any related website, other accounts, computer system, or networks connected to the Site, through hacking, password mining, or any other means;
- obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Site, including harvesting or otherwise collecting information about others such as email addresses;
- engage in any deceptive practices intended to manipulate the organic Search Engine Results Page (SERP) or employ search engine optimization ("SEO") techniques considered to be against common search engine guidelines. SEO practices considered unethical, or "black hat" (aka "spamdexing") include, though are not limited to cloaking, meta data and title tags, content scraping, link schemes, Google bombs, keyword stuffing, hidden text and links, doorway and cloaked pages, link farming or schemes, blog comment spam, etc.; or
- do anything else which could cause damage to the Site, the UniPage company and their employees, reputation of UniPage, or would otherwise have a negative impact.
By registering on the Site, you represent and warrant that you are not covered by any international sanction program.
Rights to User Content. Reviews
By submitting an application, you agree to receive an invitation email to complete our student review form which we will send to you after your studying in the University, completing the course or after completion of the University admission. Completion is optional. The completed student review may be uploaded onto the relevant University's information page on the Site for the sole purpose of informing (future) students of your opinion about the University level and quality of teaching.
By posting a review, you grant UniPage the full, perpetual, free, transferable and irrevocable rights to all submitted user content, including your name. UniPage reserves the right to translate, edit, adjust, refuse or remove reviews at its sole discretion.
You confirm you will comply with the review terms and conditions. In addition, you represent and warrant that
- you own and control all of the rights to the user content that you post or otherwise distribute, or you otherwise have the lawful right to post and distribute such user content to or through the Site;
- such content is accurate and not misleading; and
Content posted by users will be considered non-confidential and UniPage is under no obligation to treat such content as proprietary information. Without limiting the foregoing UniPage reserves the right to use the content as it deems appropriate, including, without limitation, deleting, editing, modifying, rejecting, or refusing to post it. UniPage is under no obligation to offer you any payment for content that you submit or the opportunity to edit, delete or otherwise modify content once it has been submitted to UniPage.
In the event of adding or editing the Site' content you or the University' representative doesn't become a co-author and gratuitously disclaims any copyright in the future.
If it is determined that you retain moral rights (including rights of attribution or integrity) in the content, you hereby declare that
- you do not require that any personally identifying information be used in connection with the content, or any derivative works of or upgrades or updates thereto;
- you have no objection to the publication, use, modification, deletion and exploitation of the content by UniPage or its licensees, successors and assigns;
- you forever waive and agree not to claim or assert any entitlement to any and all moral rights of an author in any of the content; and
- you forever release UniPage , and its licensees, successors and assigns, from any claims that you could otherwise assert against UniPage by virtue of any such moral rights.
Intellectual Property Rights - Trademark Notice
UniPage is a registered trademark of or licensed to UniPage and/or its affiliated companies in many countries worldwide. Other product and company names identified on the Site may be the name, trademark, trade name, service mark, logo, symbol or other proprietary designation of UniPage, its licensor or associated companies or a third party. The use on the Site of any name, trade name, trademark, service mark, logo, symbol or other proprietary designation or marking of or belonging to any third-party, and the availability of specific goods or services from such third-party through the Site, should not be construed as an endorsement or sponsorship of the Site by any such third-party, or the participation by such third-party in the offering of goods, services or information through the Site. UniPage owns the copyright to the Site. You may not use the UniPage intellectual property without our consent.
Unless stated otherwise, the software required for our services or available at or used by the Site and the intellectual property rights (including the trademarks, service marks, logos, designs, copyrights etc.) in the contents and information and material on the Site are owned by UniPage, its affiliated or associated companies, licensors, suppliers (including the universities) or providers. UniPage does not assume any liability for copyrighted materials provided by third parties or any intellectual property right infringements by such third parties.
You may use information from the Site for your own personal use only. Except as otherwise expressly permitted under copyright law, no copying, redistribution, retransmission, publication or commercial exploitation of downloaded material will be permitted without our express permission and that of the copyright owner. In the event of any permitted copying, redistribution or publication of copyright material, no changes in or deletion of author attribution, trademark legend or copyright notice shall be made. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading copyright material.
We may provide hypertext links to other sites which are operated by other people. Using such a link, you acknowledge leaving the Site and proceeding at your own responsibility.
Claims of Copyright Infringement
If you believe in good faith that materials hosted by us infringe your copyright or the copyright of the third party, you or your agent (the "complainant") may send us a written notice that includes the following information:
- the name and address of the complainant;
- where the complainant is not the copyright owner or exclusive licensee, the name and address of the copyright owner or exclusive licensee;
- a telephone number, a facsimile number (if any) and an electronic mail address at which the complainant can be contacted;
- sufficient particulars to enable us to identify the copyrighted work allegedly infringed;
- sufficient particulars to enable us to identify and locate the allegedly infringing electronic copy, including the online location of the electronic copy;
- a statement that the complainant requires us to remove or disable access to the electronic copy;
- a statement that the complainant believes in good faith that the electronic copy infringes the copyright in the work identified in paragraph 4 above;
- a statement that the information in the notice is accurate;
- a statement that the complainant is (a) the owner or exclusive licensee of the copyright in the work identified in paragraph 4 above, or (b) is authorized to act on behalf of such owner or exclusive licensee; and
- The notice must be signed by the complainant and sent to us by any of the following methods: email to firstname.lastname@example.org, c/o Legal Department – Copyright Claims.
We will review and address all notices that comply with the requirements above in accordance with applicable law.
We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before filing a notice. Also, be aware that you may be guilty of an offence or liable for damages if you make a false claim of copyright infringement.
Disclaimer of Warranties
All content, including software, products, services, information, text and related graphics contained within or available through the Site are provided to you on an "as is," "as available" basis.
UniPage makes no representations or warranties of any kind, either express or implied, as to the operation of this website or the information, content or materials included on this website and to the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, UniPage disclaims all representations, conditions and warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied conditions or warranties of merchantability or satisfactory workmanlike effort, informational content, title, or non-infringement of the rights of third parties. UniPage does not warrant or make any representations that the Site will operate error-free or uninterrupted, that defects will be corrected, or that the Site and/or its servers will be free of viruses and/or other harmful components.
UniPage does not warrant or make any representations regarding suitability, availability, accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of any material of any kind contained within the Site for any purpose, including software, products, services, information, text and related graphics content.
UniPage is not responsible for any failures caused by server errors, misdirected or redirected transmissions, failed internet connections, interruptions in the transmission or any computer virus or other technical defect, whether human or technical in nature.
General Limitation of Liability
To the extent permitted by law, in no event shall UniPage, including its respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, suppliers, licensors, agents or others involved in creating, sponsoring, promoting, or otherwise making available the Site and its contents (collectively the "covered parties"), be liable to any person or entity whatsoever for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, compensatory, consequential, or punitive damages or any damages or losses whatsoever, including but not limited to (where relevant, caused by):
- your inability to use, unauthorized use of, delay, performance or non-performance of the Site;
- loss of production, loss of profit, loss of revenue, loss of contract, loss of or damage to goodwill or reputation, loss of claim, business interruption, data or other intangible losses;
- unauthorized access to or tampering with your personal information or transmissions;
- errors or inaccuracies contained on the Site or any information (including but not limited to the (descriptive) information (including rates, availability and ratings) of the University as made available on the Site), software, products, services, and related graphics obtained through the Site;
- any transactions entered into through the Site;
- any property damage including damage to your computer or computer system caused by viruses or other harmful components, during or on account of access to or use of the Site or any site to which it provides hyperlinks; or
- damages otherwise arising out of the use of the Site, any use, delay or inability to use the Site, or any information, products, or services obtained through the Site; or
- any (personal) injury, death, property damage, or other damages attributable to the University (its employees, directors, officers, agents, representatives or affiliated companies)
- any damages caused by a force majeure event. The limitations of liability shall apply regardless of the form of action, whether based on contract, tort, negligence, strict liability or otherwise, even if a covered party has been advised of the possibility of damages.
A force majeure event is an event beyond the Covered Parties' control and can include, but is not limited to, natural disasters, weather conditions, fire, nuclear incident, electro-magnetic pulse, terrorist act, riots, war, arson attacks, insurgency, rebellion, armed hostilities of any kind, labor disputes, lockouts, strikes, shortages, government actions or restraints, pilferage, bankruptcy, machinery breakdown, quarantine, communications breakdown, epidemic, pandemic etc. UniPage does not guarantee continuous access without interruption to the Site.
UniPage does not in any way (directly or indirectly, independently or in conjunction with any party) own, manage, operate or control the Universities. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless UniPage from and against any liability, damage or loss including legal fees and expenses that UniPage incurs or suffers as a result of any action, inaction or omission by you. If you use the Site for or on behalf of a third-party ("Third-party"), such as a family member or a friend, you are responsible for any error in the accuracy of information provided in connection with such use. In addition, you must inform the Third-party of all applicable terms and conditions.
You are at all times bound by the local laws and regulations. Things which are legal in certain countries may be illegal in others. You should enquire about applicable restrictions.