University of the West Indies at St Augustine (UWI) - public higher education institution in Trinidad and Tobago. UWI began its activity in 1948. The main building of the university is located in Tunapuna inside an urban campus.

University ranking. University of the West Indies at St Augustine takes the first place in the national rankings of Trinidad and Tobago. University of the West Indies at St Augustine is in the top 5% according to the international rankings.

Application process and the cost of tuition. In most cases the admission committee prioritizes applicant’s academic performance when considering him/her for admission. The academic year consists of two semesters. A year of bachelor studies will cost you around 12,500 USD. Those who wish to get their master’s degree here should be ready to spend at least 12,500 USD per year. Also the university allows students to participate in scholarship programs, that can dramatically reduce the cost of their tuition. Is among the educational institutions that allow the students to enroll in online programs. When planning your education, please, consult the official website of the university

The composition of the university. University of the West Indies at St Augustine is average in terms of student capacity, teaching the maximum of 15 thousand students. The university accepts both local and foreign students. UWI has exchange agreements with many educational institutions. You can follow the university on social media to learn more about its life: Flickr, Twitter, Youtube, Facebook, Linkedin.

Infrastructure of UWI. There is a library on the campus. The students can live on campus if the apply for a dormitory room. The university is in the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU).
General information
Finance type Nonprofit
Organization type Public
Established 1948
Abbreviation UWI
Students 14,999
Religion None
Academic calendar Semesters
Admission Based on past academic records
Gender limitation No limits
Campus type Urban
Housing Available
Financial aid Available
Distance learning Available
Exchange programs Available
Library Available
Oriens Ex Occidente Lux
• Accreditation Council of Trinidad and Tobago
• Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU)
World ranking 1092
Country ranking 1
International rankings
UniPage World University Ranking 1092
Alternative title
Location on map
Universities related to University of the West Indies at St Augustine
Universities in this country
Information is exploratory. For accurate information, refer to the official website of the school.