Lomonosov Moscow State University (or MGU, as it is known in Russia) is reported as one of the oldest tertiary education institutions in Russia. Being one of the largest scientific centers in the Russian Federation, the university involves 15 research institutes.
- 12 percent of discoveries registered in the former USSR Register were made by scholars of the Lomonosov Moscow State University.
- More than 350 research areas are under the active study now. In 2014, the university scholars committed to develop an innovative method of surgery: the procedure is performed by non-invasive method based on focused ultrasound.
- The collegiate of researchers investigated the coherence between the short-term and long-term mutations of influenza virus.
- In 2013, the chemical staff of the University elaborated the innovative method of peptide synthesis that is capable to inhabit the cancer cell generation.
- In 2015, the University intends to launch a Lomonosov satellite that will contribute to investigating critical phenomena in the universe.
- The University scholars discovered that climatic changes can be predicted by the plant leafage.
- The advantages of the Lomonosov Moscow State University include most factors specified below apart from that the Schools of the University are located in central regions of Moscow city. The University holds the area to house more than 600 buildings.
- The main building of the Lomonosov Moscow State University is the 36-storeyed structure located in the pictorial place in Vorobyovy Gory (Sparrow Hills), the hill on the right bank of the Moskva River with the panoramic sight of Moscow city.
- The unique Museum of Zoology functions at the University that can boast with the wealthiest collections and the oldest Herbarium of Russia.
- The University Library is the oldest public library in Russia. Being one of the largest libraries in here, it houses more than 10 million issues of assets.
- The Botanical Garden finds it place within the University area.
- The University owns its private yacht club.
- 11 Nobel Prize Laureates and 5 Fields Medal winners graduated from the Lomonosov Moscow State University. The first and the last President of the USSR, Mikhail Gorbachev who graduated from the School of Law of the University in 1955 is one of the Nobel Prize winners.
- Mikhail Lermontov, one of the Russian famous writers, Aleksandr Ostrovskiy, the playwright and Vissarion Belinskiy, the thinker, were the University graduates.
- The main building of the University is known for the biggest weather gage and temperature gage installed on the main face. The diameter of these gages is 9 m.
Universities in this city
Universities in this country
|271||2||Saint Petersburg State University||Saint Petersburg||1,716 $|
|414||3||Novosibirsk State University||Novosibirsk||3,000 $||3,000 $|
|427||4||Bauman Moscow State Technical University||Moscow|
|469||5||Moscow State Institute of International Relations||Moscow|
|505||6||Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology||Moscow||5,000 $||5,000 $|
Full mentoring service includes the services as follows:
- Professional consultation regarding education abroad;
- Selection of the university and the program abroad;
- Preparation of the application documents;
- Diploma and transcript translation;
- Submitting the application and communication with institution representatives;
- Assistance with the student visa application;
- Avia-tickets and hotel room booking (if necessary).
- Education in Russia - Tuition - Courses - Programs
- Universities in Russia - Top Russian universities and colleges
- Student cities in Russia - List of cities and universities
- Scholarships & Grants in Russia - Free education in Russia
- Study in Russia – first-hand experience - UniPage
- English courses in Russia - Language schools
- Advantages education in Russia