Choice of specialization for Bachelor of Computer Science
In the second year, the student must choose a specialization. Each educational institution itself determines the possible areas of specialization. Typically, students are offered a choice of the following areas:
- Computer science with an in-depth study of the theory of the development of algorithms and software, artificial intelligence, databases and computer graphics, the creation of operating systems, and the development of programming languages.
- Information technology – the practice of creating software, system programming and administration, creating databases, and computer design.
- Information security – the study of the basic principles of data protection, methods of protection against intrusions into the network, the theory of cryptography, and the principles of developing security systems.
- Software engineering – the study of design, evaluation and analysis of software systems, the principles of collecting, developing, implementing and testing software.
In addition, in many educational institutions, medical programming is singled out as a separate area of specialization.
Because computerization has now penetrated all branches of science, art, and economic activity, many educational institutions allow students to study in parallel for two bachelor's degrees, after which they can be awarded titles:
- Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Mathematics in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science
To obtain a bachelor's degree in computer science, as a rule, writing a thesis project is not required. Students' knowledge is assessed by adding marks in various disciplines. The quality of term papers is evaluated separately.
Prospects for Bachelor of Computer Science
To continue their studies, people who have received a bachelor's degree can enter the master's program. In addition, bachelors with high marks who have shown themselves to be talented and hardworking students can continue their studies for one or two more years, and receive a bachelor's degree in computer science with honors. During this year, the student participates in serious scientific research, the results of which will have to be systematized in a graduation project. A bachelor's degree in computer science with honors makes it possible to enter a master's program, skip several courses, or immediately apply for admission to a doctoral program.
Bachelors who do not want to continue their studies can get a job. Since the Bachelor of Computer Science program requires an extremely high level of knowledge and skills, bachelors are quite competitive and in demand in the labor market.
UniPage organizes admission to public and private universities abroad.
We are experts in our field and know how to provide admission to a university that meets your goals, interests, and budget.