University ranking. University of Porto is the leading university of Portugal according to the international ratings. University of Porto is considered to be one of the most prestigious universities on the planet, securing the place in the top 5% of the world’s best universities. It is famous for: «Arts and Humanities», «Engineering and Technology», «Life Sciences and Medicine», «Natural Science», «Social Sciences and Management». UP is among the best in terms of education quality, proudly standing in the top 300 in the international rankings according to this criterion. The graduates of the university are viewed as valuable employees in Portugal thus have no issues finding jobs upon graduation.
Application process and the cost of tuition. The admission board requires applicant’s academic performance certificate and examination results. The academic year is traditionally divided into semesters. UP has affordable bachelor’s programs that cost less than 1,500 USD/year. In order to obtain a master’s degree the student must spend about 4,037 USD per year. Despite the tuition gees being quite low, the students often participate in scholarship programs. Some students can’t attend full-time programs, especially for them the university created special online programs. More information regarding tuition, admission and programs is available on the official website http://www.up.pt.
The composition of the university. University of Porto is classified as a large university with more than 28,000 concurrent students. The university accepts both local and foreign students. One in 8 students is a foreigner. The university employs 2000 teachers and professors. The students may participate in various student exchange programs. The university is also present on social media platforms: Twitter, Facebook.
Infrastructure of UP. The library is available to all of the students. The campus dormitories that can be offered to the students upon request.
|Universidade do Porto|
Bachelor (citizens) Check the current price on the official website of the university
Master (citizens) Check the current price on the official website of the university
from 726 USD/year.
to 2,603 USD/year.
Doctorate (citizens) Check the current price on the official website of the university
from 2,863 USD/year.
to 3,124 USD/year.
Bachelor (foreigners) Check the current price on the official website of the university
Master (foreigners) Check the current price on the official website of the university
from 3,644 USD/year.
to 6,247 USD/year.
Doctorate (foreigners) Check the current price on the official website of the university
from 2,863 USD/year.
to 6,247 USD/year.
|Living expenses||$425 -794 USD/month|
|Admission||Based on grades and examinations|
|Gender limitation||No limits|
Virtus Unita Fortius Agit
• Ministério da Ciência, Tecnologia e Ensino Superior, Portugal
• Conference of European Schools for Advanced Engineering Education and Research (CESAER)
• Latin American University Association (AULA)
• Portuguese Language University Association (AULP)
• Centre of European Documentation at U.Porto (CDE)
• Centre of Regional Studies (CEER)
• Cooperation between Europe and Latin America (Columbus Association)
• The European Association of Establishments for Veterinary Education (EAEVE)
• The European Council of Landscape Architecture Schools (ECLAS)
• European Distance Learning and E-Learning Network (EDEN)
• European Ethics Network (EEN)
• Euro-Mediterranean University (EMUNI)
• European Network of Academic Sport Services (ENAS)
• European University Association (EUA)
• Council for Doctoral Education of the European University Association (EUA-CDE)
• European University Continuing Education Network (EUCEN)
• European Universities Public Relations and Information Officers Association (EUPRIO)
• Hispanic-Portuguese Foundation Rei Afonso Henriques (FRAH)
• Compostela Group of Universities (GCU)
• Global Education for European Engineers and Entrepreneurs (GE4)
• Tordesillas Group (GTordesillas)
• Heads of University Management & Administration Network in Europe (HUMANE)
• International Association of Universities (IAU)
• International Council on Archives (ICA)
• National Institute of Halieutic Research (INRH)
• Leveraging Education into Organisations (LEO-NET)
• Latin America and Europe Continuing Education Network (RECLA)
• European Society for Engineering Education (SEFI)
• Santander Group (SG)
• The European Association for the Transfer of Technologies, Innovation and Industrial Information (TII)
|Citations per Faculty||211|
|Ranking in world by sphere|
|Arts and Humanities||382|
|Engineering and Technology||169|
|Life Sciences and Medicine||264|
|Social Sciences and Management||326|
|UniPage World University Ranking||293|
|QS World University Rankings||308|
|ARWU Academic Ranking||301|
|Expenses - USD/Month||Min.||Med.|
|Communications and utilities||59||72|
|Sports and leisure||21||78|
|Accommodation in Porto||USD/Month|
|Shared room outside of centre||161|
|Shared room in city centre||228|
|1 bedroom apartment outside of centre||258|
|1 bedroom apartment in city centre||354|
|English||University of Porto|
|Spanish||Universidad de Porto|
|French||Université de Porto|
|Portuguese||Universidade do Porto|
|it||Università di Porto|
|ca||Universitat de Porto|
|nl||Universiteit van Porto|
|gl||Universidade do Porto|
|pl||Uniwersytet w Porto|
|ro||Universitatea din Porto|
|vi||Đại học Porto|
|bg||Университет на Порту|
|el||Πανεπιστήμιο του Πόρτο|
|nb||Universidade do Porto|
|tl||Unibersidad ng Porto|