Scholarships for Global Professionals
- A large number of programs are taught in English (the requirements for knowledge of English are lower than in universities of the UK and the USA - IELTS Academic 6.5)
- Governmental scholarships covering tuition, accommodation, insurance, flights (Global Professionals)
- High living standards
- High-ranked universities (Uppsala University, Stockholm University, Lund University, University of Gothenburg).
The SI Scholarship for Global Professionals aims to develop future global leaders that will contribute to the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and contribute to a positive and sustainable development in their home countries and region.Priority will be given to applicants with a strong and relevant professional background and demonstrated leadership experience. The programme is funded by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. On average, 4-6% of the applicants are awarded a Global Professionals scholarship.
*Note: If you have applied for Master’s programme(s) at Stockholm School of Economics (SSE), you should create and submit an additional scholarship application separately. Each scholarship application should have only one of the attached, no matter how many master’s programmes you applied for. If you are only applying for SI scholarships at SSE, you only need to submit one scholarship application for all the master’s programmes at SSE that you applied for. If you have applied at both universityadmissions.se and SSE, you should attach all the required documents in both the scholarship applications.
- The scholarship is available for citizens from 42 countries.(Armenia; Azerbaijan; Bangladesh; Bolivia; Belarus; Brazil; Cambodia; Cameroon; Colombia; Ecuador; Egypt; Ethiopia; Gambia; Georgia; Ghana; Guatemala; Honduras; Indonesia; Jordan; Kenya; Liberia; Malawi; Moldova; Morocco; Myanmar (Burma); Nepal; Nigeria; Pakistan; Peru; Philippines; Russian Federation; Rwanda; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Tanzania; Tunisia; Turkey; Uganda; Ukraine; Vietnam; Zambia; Zimbabwe.)
- Applications for Global Professionals 2021 opens up from 8 February 00:01 to 18 February 2021 14:59 CET
- Only available for programmes starting in the autumn semester.
- You should only submit one scholarship application, regardless of how many master’s programmes that you applied for through universityadmissions.se. You can apply for SI scholarships for up to four eligible master’s programmes.
- You’ll find the list of eligible master’s programmes for Global Professionals academic year 2021/2022 here
The scholarship covers:
The scholarship is intended for full-time one-year or two-year master’s programmes. The scholarship period cannot be changed or extended beyond the awarded scholarship period, nor can it be transferred to a study programme other than the awarded master’s programme.
The scholarship does not cover:
- SI fully covers your tuition fees to the Swedish university you are attending. This is paid directly by SI at the beginning of each semester.
- You will receive a regular payment of 10,000 USD to cover your living expenses throughout the scholarship. This payment is given monthly throughout the scholarship period.
- Insurance against illness and accident.
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders(NFGL) – a platform to help you grow professionally and build your network while in Sweden.
- After your scholarship period has ended, you gain membership to the SI Alumni Network. As a member, you get a unique opportunity for continued networking and to further develop yourself professionally. The local networks exist worldwide and currently consist of over 15,000 talented alumni from over 140 countries.
- For Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Russian Federation, Turkey or Ukraine. The scholarship also includes a travel grant of 10,000 USD for the entire study period.This is a one-time payment and does not apply for students already living in Sweden .
- Additional grants for family members.
- Application fee to University Admissions.
CriteriaCountry of citizenship
You must be a citizen of a country that is eligible for the scholarship programme.
You must be liable to pay tuition fees to Swedish universities, have followed the steps of university admission, and be admitted to one of the eligible master's programmes by the 9th of April 2021.
The master's studies must be eligible for SI scholarships. The highest priority will be given to specific subject areas.
You must have a minimum of 3,000 hours of demonstrated work experience.
You must have demonstrated leadership experience from your current or previous employment or civil society.
Other eligibility criteria
There are also other conditions regarding dual citizenship, previous residence and studies in Sweden, and more. Note: Some criteria for priority SI scholarships differ depending on the home region of the applicant.
You should only submit the required documents listed below in your online scholarship application. Any other documents than the required ones will not be considered. You must complete your application in English. Use our forms and templates provided and complete them according to the instructions both below and in the forms, or else your applications will be disqualified. Kindly note the length limitation for your answers and the documents.
A complete application consists of:
You must use the Global Professionals form for the motivation letter 2021/2022. You need to fill in and upload the motivation letter as a PDF-file on the application portal within the application period.
You must use the Global Professionals form for CV 2021/2022 and the CV should not exceed three pages. It’s up to you to decide which parts are relevant for your application. Additional pages will not be considered during the evaluation.
Letters of reference
You must use the Global Professionals form for the letter of reference 2021/2022. One letter of reference based on work experience is mandatory. All letters of reference must be signed by the referee and stamped with an official stamp of the referred organisation or notary office. The letters should be typed, then printed, signed, stamped, and uploaded as a single PDF-file. Two different letters of reference are mandatory as part of the application. It is also a merit if the second letter of reference is based on your involvement in networks or civil society organisations outside of your regular work.
Proof of work and leadership experience
You must use the Global Professionals form for proof of work and leadership experience 2021/2022. The work and leadership form should be signed by the referee and stamped with an official stamp of the referred organisation or a notary office. The form(s) should be typed, then printed, signed, stamped, and uploaded as a single PDF-file.
Copy of your valid passport
You must submit a copy of your valid passport in the application. It must clearly show your personal data, including name, citizenship, and the photograph. A copy of your passport should be included in your CV as a last fourth page.
Note: Your application will be disqualified if any of the required documents above is missing.
The call for SI scholarships for master’s studies in Sweden, starting in the autumn of 2021 will be open for applications from 8 February 00:01 to 18 February 2021 14:59 CET. The list of successful recipients will be announced on si.se 28 April 2021.
Cost of service - 1,055 USD
* In the case of a ready-made application, the service of checking the application form costs 129 USD
|Name||Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals|
|Country of study||Sweden|
|Application period||February |
|Start of studies||September|