Information is exploratory. For accurate information, refer to the official website of the school.


Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) — public non-profit university. It is located in Hong Kong, Hong Kong. It is a young higher education institution, as it was opened in 1991. As an active member of The Association of Pacific Rim Universities (APRU), The Association of Southeast Asian Institutions of Higher Learning (ASAIHL), The Association of East Asian Research Universities (AEARU), The International Association of Universities (IAU), HKUST is participating in developing the academic environment.

It is one of the best institutions in the world. In QS World University Rankings 2024, it is among top-60. The university is highly rated by the independent university ranking THE. It is in the top-60.

HKUST works in several scientific areas and is waiting for new students.

Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Establishment year
International students

Place in ratings

Rating QS
Rating THE
Need help with admission?

HKUST tuition fees

The academic calendar at HKUST is divided into two semesters, as in many other universities in Hong Kong. For convenience, tuition fees are calculated per year. At HKUST, tuition fees are equal for everyone — from 5,374 USD per year. The university has several scholarships and student financial support programs that help students cover part of their tuition costs. Check the university website for up-to-date information on tuition fees and available scholarships.

It is necessary to pay attention to other costs: accommodation, transportation, study materials, food, and personal expenses.

Academic calendar
Financial Aid

HKUST campus

The campus of HKUST is located in Hong Kong. The urban campus is suitable for those students who, firstly, are used to independence, and secondly, cannot imagine their life without the hustle and bustle of a big metropolis. The school has a library where students can do their homework or just relax. Student life at HKUST is filled with intercultural activities, as not only local students study here, but also students from abroad. The exchange of knowledge and experience, networking and new acquaintances — all this is an integral part of studenthood.

Campus Type
Enter a university abroad

What to do after graduation

Students are allowed to stay in the country for a year after graduation. To do this, you need to extend your student visa or apply for a job seeker visa. We talk about other options for immigration in our article.

Studying abroad with UniPage

Want to study at a foreign university but don't know where to start? We can help!

Our specialists will find a university, arrange your documents, fill out the applications, and stay in touch until you receive an offer.

Universities in Hong Kong

Items 1-5 of 29

Advanced search