Stages of the scholarship application
University document submission
- Only enrolled university students or those with a pre-enrollment letter can apply.
- Study the DSU scholarship information on the official website beforehand and contact the commission if needed to clarify the required documents and application procedure.
- Document submission at Italian universities usually takes place from April 15th to July.
- Include the acceptance letter or pre-enrollment letter in the DSU scholarship application package. The DSU commission may request this document directly from the university.
Gathering scholarship documents
- Collect all necessary documents and certificates first.
- Next, apostille and translate the documents, in that order.
- For education-related documents, additional recognition by the consulate may be required.
- Applications open in July. Check the official website of the regional DSU, such as DSU Tuscany, for the current application deadline.
- Typically, the deadline for submitting online applications is early September, and for PhD students, it's mid-November.
- Before this time, register on the regional DSU website and complete the online application.
- Attach all required documents to the application. The deadline is mid-November for all education levels.
Sending documents to authorized bodies in Italy
- The full list of required documents and the submission method depends on the guidelines of the selected university.
- Sometimes, ISEE equalized documents are required, and other times, translated and apostilled family income documents are sufficient.
- The package of documents will be checked, and an ISEE equalized will be formed, determining the applicant's ranking and scholarship amount.
- Preliminary results are announced until September 30th, and for PhD students, until December 15th.
- The final list of scholarship recipients is published by November 30th, and for PhD studies, by January 16th.
Exact dates may be subject to change. For accurate information, refer to the official scholarship website.
Studying abroad is not as expensive as it seems, especially if you study on a scholarship.
We will help you save money on education abroad and submit documents for government grants.