Stages of the scholarship application
- Applicants can select up to 2 study programs at a Hungarian university and determine their order of priority.
- Contact the sending organization (usually Ministry of Education in your home country) for deadlines and required documents.
- Submit an application to the Ministry of Education and Science, which conducts the initial selection and forwards candidates' lists to Hungary.
- Apply to the Tempus fund by registering on their website and filling out the online application with the necessary documents. Here is a detailed guide for registering and applying for the scholarship.
- Deadline for submitting both scholarship applications — January 16th.
First selection stage
- By the end of February, sending and receiving organizations review candidate eligibility.
- A list of selected candidates is published.
- Applications of selected candidates are sent to chosen universities.
Second selection stage
- Universities review candidate applications.
- For PhD programs, Supervisor Consent submission deadline — March 15th.
- Universities select successful applicants and schedule entrance exams.
- Minimum score required for scholarship qualification — 56 out of 100.
- Deadline for medical certificate submission (for qualified candidates) — April 15th.
- Universities publish the final lists of scholarship winners.
- Students proceed to apply for a visa.
- Recipients must arrive in Hungary by September 30th.
Exact dates may be subject to change. For accurate information, refer to the official scholarship website.
Studying abroad is not as expensive as it seems, especially if you study on a scholarship.
We will help you save money on education abroad and submit documents for government grants.