As the largest and oldest city in Australia, Sydney is the port city, the capital of New South Wales. Sydney ranks the 6th(as per the QS TopUniversities rating) among the best student cities of the world. It is not the only city in Australia, though, that is in the Top Ten Best cities for international students. So, Melbourne also makes a claim to be a cultural center of Australia. Yet, Sydney is acknowledged to be the largest megalopolis of the continent and the financial capital of the country.
Tertiary education facilities in Sydney have repute for the achievements in various scientific sectors. There are five major universities in the city. Aside from, the city runs dozens of language schools and colleges to offer intensive English language learning for the shortest time for everyone. Sydney has a good reason to claim to be the most comfortable city to study based on the following:
|59||4||University of Sydney||31,928 $||32,688 $|
|60||5||University of New South Wales||31,641 $||31,277 $|
|212||9||Macquarie University||17,000 $||29,381 $|
|254||12||University of Technology, Sydney||27,367 $||24,782 $|
|728||30||University of Western Sydney||17,241 $||18,457 $|
|6238||45||Australian College of Physical Education|
|6462||46||Australian Film Television and Radio School|
|8347||56||Moore Theological College|
|10509||69||International College of Management Sydney|
|10781||72||Sydney Institute Colleges TAFE NSW|
- Accommodation and food expenses as well as tuition in Sydney are far cheaper than those in large European cities and US megalopolises in spite of highest infrastructure and matureness.
- This is a place for a solid business; it is one of the global financial centers boasting with high life standards. The share of Sydney in national economics makes 25%(as per City Commerce). Sydney concentrates headquarters of 90 bank institutions and more than half of the largest national companies turning to the heart of career challenges.
- The average income per capita in Australia is the highest one, that counts to US$ 42 599 per person with the rate of unemployment of 4.9% only.
- Sydney is known for its mild and warm climate; temperature in winter is rarely below 5 degrees
- Low crime rate
- There are more than 70 beaches and harbors in the city for the youth keen in surfing. The Bondi Beach, the well-known in there, is in 7 km away off the city center
- Sydney is superior to other countries in total of parks: the City skyscrapers neighbor with the huge terrain of the Royal Botanic Gardens
- Most university campuses and student places also sit in green zones
- Sydney Opera House, the building unbelievable in beauty, and the widely-known Sydney Harbour Bridge symbolize the city
- The city holds various concerts and festivals each month
- 4 out of 10 Sydney citizens are born outside Australia which commits to multinational environment in there
- Sydney hosts cinema troops to film some episodes of The Matrix, The Matrix Reloaded, The Great Gatsby, The Wolverine, Finding Nemo, Return to Eden.
- Sydney is the largest Australian city with the population of 4.5 mln people. Just to compare, a total of 335 thousand people reside in Canberra.
- The famous Harbour Bridge is the arch bridge made of steel, the longest in the world with the length of 1149 m. it is nicknamed The Coathanger due to its shape. It offers an extreme pastime to climb its top.
- The building of the Opera House, the symbol of Sydney, is shaped as the white sails. It often appears in movies like «Life After People», «Independence Day», «Mission: Impossible 2», «Finding Nemo».
- Despite the fact that Sydney is believed to be an English-speaking city, Chinese and Arabian languages are also popular in here among people who reside and work there.
- One of the largest fish markets is located in Sydney which yields to the Tokyo market only in size.
- Best universities in Australia: How to choose?
- Alumni: Your Future after Graduation in Australia
- More about education in Australia: What is TAFE?
- Sandstone universities in Australia
- Group of eight - Australian universities
- Experience: Preparation for PhD in Australia
- Experience: Life in Australia
Showing 1-5 of 814 items.
|Sydney||New South Wales, City of Sydney||20||4627345|
|Adelaide||South Australia, Adelaide||8||1225235|
|Canberra||Australian Capital Territory||8||367752|