Taiwan - General information
|Currency||New Taiwan Dollar|
Statistics - Rankings
|Arts and Humanities||12|
|Engineering and Technology||12|
|Life Sciences and Medicine||17|
|Social Sciences and Management||12|
|Economics & Business||25|
Statistics - Education
|Ranking of universities in the world||23|
|Quality of teaching||9|
|Citations per Faculty||9|
Statistics - Universities
|Universities in top 200||2|
|Universities in top 500||11|
|Universities in top 1000||17|
|Universities in top 5000||98|
Cost of living in Taiwan, USD/month
|Communications and utilities||47||52|
|Sports and leisure||26||84|
Accommodation in Taiwan, USD/month
|Shared room outside of centre||153|
|Shared room in city centre||239|
|1 bedroom apartment outside of centre||211|
|1 bedroom apartment in city centre||345|
Whereas Taiwan is the part of China, this island is recognized for its superb nature and arrangements with the exceptional features to stand out. This is due to its own history. This place is not considered as a self-regulating country by most countries that refer it to China and its geography, but the number of those who indicate Taiwan as the study destination is persistently increasing.The information contained in this site is provided for informational purposes only, in order to obtain accurate information on the tuition fees, please refer to the official website of the educational institution.
When identifying the reasons why international students tend to become students of national universities in Taiwan, the following criteria prevail:
|109||1||National Taiwan University||National Taiwan University||Taipei||1,819 USD||1,796 USD|
|175||2||National Tsing Hua University||National Tsing Hua University||Hsinchu||1,000 USD||1,000 USD|
|239||3||National Chiao Tung University||National Chiao Tung University||Hsinchu||1,000 USD||1,000 USD|
|257||4||National Cheng Kung University||National Cheng Kung University||Tainan||1,000 USD||1,000 USD|
|373||5||National Taiwan University of Science & Technology||National Taiwan University of Science & Technology||Taipei||1,000 USD||1,000 USD|
|385||6||National Sun Yat-Sen University||National Sun Yat-Sen University||Kaohsiung||1,000 USD||1,000 USD|
|426||7||National Yang Ming University||National Yang Ming University||Taipei||3,000 USD||3,000 USD|
|445||8||Chang Gung University||Chang Gung University||Taoyuan City||3,000 USD||3,000 USD|
|455||9||National Taiwan Normal University||National Taiwan Normal University||Taipei||1,000 USD||1,000 USD|
|470||10||National Central University||National Central University||Taoyuan City||1,000 USD||1,000 USD|
- High level of education. Taiwan adopts the American system of education. This system is known to let students choose disciplines they are willing to study. This is the key feature of the scheme. However, this approach is affected by local cultural peculiarities: all national tertiary education institutions lay an emphasis on team building as the specific feature to develop in students. They also make endeavors to hone applied skills, like making projects and preparing various presentations. Most professors of Taiwanese universities are predominantly American postgraduates. They are claimed to introduce the most effective training methods on a regular basis to prepare highly-qualified specialists.
- Fairly low tuition. When comparing, the average tuition amount at Taiwanese universities is 10 times lower than that at similar institutions in Europe or America in the same majoring specialties. One should also bear in mind that meal, accommodation and travel expenditure is somewhat cheaper. This is a substantial support for international students to get a highly demanded education.
- Options to choose the target language. Each applicant for the Taiwanese education may choose to study in Chinese or English language. In case if the student opts for the Chinese scheme but can reply only in English, the academic staff credits the student’s performance providing it is correct. This approach helps international students learn Chinese language at ease. When considering the growth rate in China it is obvious that the knowledge attained in there will be beneficial at any stage of life. As for the academic material, it is similar as in America. It is already translated to prepare in Chinese for studies.
- High living standards and good safety both for natives and foreigners. This might be odd to megalopolis residents, but the crime rate is zero in Taiwan. This explains the comfort of travel within the country at any time of the day. High standards of living can be estimated by the university pattern, too: universities offer lots of halls for students for recreational activities.
- Two photographs sized 3x4
- Valid foreign passport (with the validity of more than 6 months)
- Bank statement to prove the applicants' financial soundness
- A letter of invitation stamped by the Ministry of Education of Taiwan.