Educational programs of higher learning institutions in China meet the European system: here you can study in undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate programs.
As a foreign student, to be enrolled you have to demonstrate a good knowledge of the Chinese language and you have to successfully pass the HSK test, that is why education is usually preceded by a 1-2 years course of Chinese language. Language level for admission to the language courses does not matter.

Higher education in China

Information is exploratory. For accurate information, refer to the official website of the school.
491Tsinghua UniversityBeijing4,368 USD5,678 USD
552Peking UniversityBeijing4,659 USD5,241 USD
793Shanghai Jiao Tong UniversityShanghai3,610 USD3,610 USD
1004Fudan UniversityShanghai3,348 USD3,348 USD
1045Zhejiang UniversityHangzhou4,338 USD4,338 USD
1266University of Science and Technology of ChinaHefei3,785 USD3,785 USD
1587Nanjing UniversityNanjing2,766 USD2,766 USD
2138Beijing Normal UniversityBeijing5,000 USD5,000 USD
2249Sun Yat-Sen UniversityGuangzhou3,348 USD3,348 USD
24310Harbin Institute of TechnologyHarbin2,912 USD4,076 USD

Preparation for study and language schools in China

There is the so - called summer education and study Chinese language before university. Summer course is cheaper but the achieved level of command of Chinese language doesn’t guarantee enrollment to an institution of higher learning. In the second case, education is longer and more expensive but similar courses will guarantee admission to the university, where they operate, without entrance exams. To apply, you need to have a copy of your passport and photos 3x4. Applications can be filed from September until the end of December (for spring enrollment) or from February until the end of July (for autumn enrollment).

Undergraduate and postgraduate programs in China

Once your knowledge of the Chinese language reaches the required level, you can enroll in an undergraduate program. For this, it is necessary to be at least 18 years old and have a certificate of high school education.
For postgraduate programs, respectively, you will need a copy of a diploma, a transcript of the student’s record book and two letters of recommendation (from a lecturer or employer). An academic year in China consists of semesters: the autumn semester begins each year in September and ends with the winter holidays (submission of applications runs from March until the end of July). The spring semester begins in mid-February and ends with the summer holidays (submission of applications runs from September until the end of December).

Invitation to university in China

Successful candidates receive a letter of enrollment from the university, which includes a notice of admission and a visa invitation for foreign students to enter China (Form JW202).
After receiving an invitation, you can submit your documents with the invitation to the Chinese embassy and then book a ticket to China.

Submit a Request
China - General information
RegionEastern Asia
LanguageChinese, Simplified Chinese
CurrencyYuan Renminbi
Foreigner students0.4%
Statistics - Education
Popularity rating in the world9
Ranking of universities in the world7
Academic Reputation 6
Employer Reputation 7
Quality of teaching 7
International Faculty 8
International Students 26
Citations per Faculty 3
Statistics - Universities
Universities in top 100 4
Universities in top 200 7
Universities in top 500 27
Universities in top 1000 43
Universities in top 5000 715
Cost of living in China
Expenses - USD/Month.Min.Med.
Accommodation 168 340
Food 146 240
Transportation 18 44
Communications and utilities 31 37
Clothing 24 89
Sports and leisure 23 76
Accommodation in China USD/Month.
Shared room outside of centre169
Shared room in city centre343
1 bedroom apartment outside of centre277
1 bedroom apartment in city centre493
Location on map