Canada is globally acknowledged to rank first among countries with higher living standards and life span. This makes other countries follow the example of life in Canada. It should be specifically noted that Canada ranks the world’s most educated country that can stand proud for the best and most affordable education as ranked by the United Nations. It is recognized as the second in the world in status value that encourages lots of applicants seek for opportunity of tertiary education attainment in the country. Canada is chosen as a study destination since tuition fees are competitively priced compared with that in other countries.
Higher education in Canada
In order to obtain accurate information, please refer to the official website of the educational institution.
Below are the major advantages to study in Canada:
1. High rate of technical and theoretical foundation as well as well-planned leisure activities for students that afford them associate academic process well with personal advancement. The study format in Canada is worth to be specifically noted: students study in small classes with lecturers who provide with high quality and up-to-date information in a rather attractive manner. This teaching approach is proved to be effective and adopted based on education system view that students can master a certain volume of information per lesson, but they should stay vigorous to study further.
2. Notwithstanding the higher quality of education process in here, tuition fees are far lower, for 45% on average, as compared with those set in Europe.
3. International students who graduated from Canadian universities can gain valuable work experience and for most of them this is an option to reduce accommodation and study fees. As per the legal bases, foreign students are assumed to get at least 8 Canadian dollars per one working hour as the minimal wage though they gain 12 to 15 CAD in practice. The education system in Canada implies gaining paid work experience. One of the most important aspects for those who intend to stay in the country upon completion of study is as follows: the student who does an internship in a company within the study period can include such employment period in his/her resume. This is the evidence that upon completion of the higher education institution in Canada, the graduate has a good experience in the specialty studies as a bonus to diploma.
4. Despite the fact that students study in one of adopted languages in the country (French or English), they are not required to complete one-year preparation courses that are compulsory for most higher institutions in Europe.
5. High academic standards in Canada allow the applicant to earn a high-quality education that will benefit the career over the long term. Canadian credentials are globally recognized. The Canadian university graduate can obtain employment both in the native country and in Canada. That’s rather attractive option for the graduate in here: if the person with Canadian credentials shows intent to stay in Canada for further employment, upon graduation he/she is given the stay permit for the period from 1 to 3 years. At the expiry of the given period the person may apply for permanent residency, providing no problems with the police are in place and the contract is prolonged for further period.
Should learning is chosen to be in English language the applicant will pass the compulsory exam in English grammar for admission to university. The admission test can be of international format or as the university in-house exam. In the latter case, the exam shows requirements of the particular institution. There are no requirements regarding French language. Nevertheless, if the university management shows any doubts in the required skills of French language owned by the applicant, the latter is asked to prepare a letter in French language which can be a peculiar proficiency test.
Some institutions of tertiary education offer one-year course of specific purpose which does not rate the level of accomplishments but it provides the chance to get employment in the specialty chosen during study period to acquire Bachelor’s degree.
One year prior to the start of the university academic year is the best period to submit admission documents to universities. Such period is due to no uniform ministry of education in the country: each province is responsible to define tuition fees and areas of study building on its requirements and needs, first of all.
Below find the list of submission documents required for admission:
high school certificate with Academic transcripts;
any certificates to evidence on French or English language proficiency;
University diploma, if any, with the Diploma Supplements.
Tertiary education in Canada
Tertiary education in Canada can be attained not only in universities but in colleges either, though tuition fee for the latter is a lot lower. Tertiary education can be classified for groups as follow:
Pre-university program. Students complete two- or three-year education program depending on major specialty. This allows them working at any place.
Undergraduate: Bachelor’s Degree. These credentials allow working in the trade chosen and promote the career.
Graduate: Master’s Degree and second university degree. This means the graduate own more profound knowledge in the specialty chosen. The most significant point of such degree is that the graduate can operate with new and sophisticated knowledge and skills to be highly demanded in the job marketplace. This is why the graduate with the above degree may be absolute sure in future.
Higher doctorate that supposes attainment of Doctor’s degree.
Major areas of the great request in Canada are as follow:
nuclear physics, aircraft industry and rocket and missile engineering
nanotechnology and biotechnology
Scholarship and grants in Canada
An international student might qualify for the scholarship in the amount of 50 000 CAD allotted from the College Fund providing one of the conditions below are met:
1. an applicant chooses the activity aimed to develop the spheres of art, commerce, engineering or intends to learn natural sciences;
2. an applicant is known to have any relations with Canada;
3. an applicant addresses to subjects in his/her study which are of priority for Canada, for instance, nature in the North.
University Funds might also allot scholarships and grants to international students but this option should be clarified with the enrollment board of tertiary institutions since all of them employ in-house regulations.
The applicant should submit application to the particular Canadian tertiary institution for admission. The exclusion is that the official Letter of invitation might be sent to the international student who graduated from the native higher education institution and this institution has some treaties with Canada.
Student Visa to Canada
The applicant should have the following papers available to get the Student visa:
evidence on enrollment to the national university
evidence on financial resources, for example, statement of the bank
ticket to Canada
certificate of good conduct or police clearance certificate of no criminal conviction
certificate on medical check
And be available to submit any other documents as the Visa inspector might deem necessary to submit.
Moreover, the inspector may bring in some comments and restrictions regarding applicant’s stay in the country. This includes the following:
1. Ban to any employment
2. Reduction of the preliminary duration of stay in the country
3. Request for the applicant to register at law enforcement agencies
As for the visa execution and issue period, it takes for about two months to get it. This period should be taken into account when executing submission documents.