Visa for language courses in Hong Kong
A student visa is necessary to take language courses in Hong Kong. As a rule, it is processed by the chosen language school or university. The student provides scans of the necessary documents, and the staff of the educational institution sends them to the migration service. When the visa is ready, it is sent to the student by mail or courier service.
Documents for a Hong Kong student visa:
- Completed and signed visa application form with an attached photo
- Foreign passport with blank pages and a validity period of more than 6 months
- Copies of active passport pages
- Proof of financial solvency — bank statement, income statement, scholarship award letter, etc.
- Invitation letter for language course enrollment
For underage students, you will also need:
- Parental consent to travel abroad
- Accommodation booking in Hong Kong
Work while taking a language course in Hong Kong
Work on a student visa is prohibited in Hong Kong. For violation of this ban, foreigners can be deported and banned from receiving a visa in the future.
Most popular language schools in Hong Kong
Q Language opened in Hong Kong in 1999. It offers courses in English, Mandarin, Cantonese Chinese, and even Korean.
The school offers two types of intensive English and Chinese courses: 15 and 24 hours a week. Short-term courses last from 1 to 4 weeks, longer ones — from 2 to 12 months. Courses can be adapted to the goals and objectives of each student. For example, they can add elective classes in Business English or international exam preparation.
The average course cost is 387 USD per week.
International Language Centre
ILC Language School has been teaching English and Chinese for over 10 years.
They offer general and intensive programs, courses for Business English, as well as practical training in speaking and writing. You can work individually or in groups of 5.
The school offers several scheduling options, allowing you to study on weekends or evenings.
The cost of the Chinese course is 972 USD, while the English course is 1,087 USD for 8 weeks.
Hong Kong for learning English and Chinese
Hong Kong is a Special Administrative Region of China. It is autonomous in resolving internal issues, has its own visa policy, and is known for its Cantonese dialect.
- World recognition. There are 7 major universities in Hong Kong. Among them are the University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, and the Chinese University of Hong Kong, which are regularly included in the world’s top 50 universities according to QS.
- Rich culture. Hong Kong is an international port and a major financial center in Asia. Due to the abundance of foreigners who come to the area to work or study, different cultures and nationalities mix here. Students who choose to study English or Chinese in this city can practice by interacting with locals.
- Nature. Hong Kong is located on the coast of the Pacific Ocean and is surrounded by picturesque mountains, where students of language schools often go hiking. In addition, the city has many parks and squares.
Language courses with UniPage
Want to learn a foreign language, improve your conversational skills, and prepare for exams?
UniPage specialists will select language programs according to your goals, interests, and budget, and help with enrollment.