- Education in Europe
- English-speaking countries
- Education in Asia
- Another countries
Kingdom of Denmark - General information
Statistics - Rankings
|Arts and Humanities||28|
|Engineering and Technology||27|
|Life Sciences and Medicine||23|
|Social Sciences and Management||22|
|Economics & Business||9|
Statistics - Education
|Popularity rating in the world||27|
|Ranking of universities in the world||14|
|Quality of teaching||22|
|Citations per Faculty||27|
Statistics - Universities
|Universities in top 100||2|
|Universities in top 200||3|
|Universities in top 500||5|
|Universities in top 1000||6|
|Universities in top 5000||8|
Cost of living in Denmark, USD/month
|Communications and utilities||$69||$90|
|Sports and leisure||$25||$114|
Accommodation in Denmark, USD/month
|Shared room outside of centre||$357|
|Shared room in city centre||$500|
|1 bedroom apartment outside of centre||$544|
|1 bedroom apartment in city centre||$791|
Study abroad is always new challenges, fresh impressions and of course invaluable experience to see life in new ways. Denmark is the special country that offers opportunities for its natives and visitors in most diverse spheres, particularly these concern international students who are greatly inspired to gain outstanding foundation for their future career. Higher education institutions in Denmark pursue world standards in terms of study and introduce a great range of academic programs in English language.
secondary school leaving certificate of adopted in Denmark (12–13 years of secondary school) or equivalent documents. Those are leaving certificates issued in EU countries. In case if the leaving certificate cannot be compared to the Danish upper secondary school leaving certificate, the applicant is offered a pre-university preparatory course at the university center that ends in Higher Preparatory Examination. Successful exam result is the guarantee that the applicant can be enrolled at any higher education institution in Denmark. Courses also offer Danish language proficiency programs for better adaptation to the study country.
Applicants who cover preparatory courses for International Baccalaureate and A-levels to be the highest education level are enrolled to Baccalaureate program;
Old schooling in harmony with the innovative approaches, dynamic developments and achievements and unique study techniques create the stimulating education system. Denmark is one of the best countries in terms of life style and employment, as ranked by OECD in 2011. The country invests huge amounts of assets to education system. Expenditures for this sector make about 8% of the gross domestic product (GDP). By estimates of the United Nation, the Education Index in Denmark is equal to 0.993 to be one of the best worldwide figures. The country ranks third in the world to be awarded with Nobel Prize per capita. Healthy and sound life style is a great priority and typical feature of the Dane. Social welfare, attractive business environment, healthy nature and high standards in education and studies on global level are highly optimized in combination. Year by year, the number of those who seek in Danish education is growing including those by student exchange program and those who aspire for the academic degree. This proves the opportunities provided by Denmark to a variety of people of different purposes. High standards of education and scientific investigations at universities, dynamic application of theoretic material gained in practice, cross-disciplinary studies and initiative elaboration of research works by high school students. These are major features of study in this country. Low tuition fee, free study for all EEC students (European Economic Community), opportunity to get work after study and stay in the country for up to 6 months looking for job upon completion of studies. Most people in Denmark speak English language and thus, applicants are not required to have a perfect command of Danish language. About 80 % of the Danish population comprehends English well while the rest speak German, French or Spanish. Education system in Denmark offers various language courses that differ in the learning goal as follow:
|39||1||University of Copenhagen||University of Copenhagen||Copenhagen||1,622 $||1,917 $|
|86||2||Aarhus University||Aarhus University||Aarhus||17,000 $||17,000 $|
|105||3||Technical University of Denmark||Technical University of Denmark||Copenhagen||19,000 $||19,000 $|
|273||4||University of Southern Denmark||University of Southern Denmark||Odense||13,000 $||13,000 $|
|314||5||Aalborg University||Aalborg University||Aalborg||15,000 $||13,000 $|
|956||6||Copenhagen Business School||Copenhagen Business School||Copenhagen||20,000 $||20,000 $|
|1309||7||Roskilde University||Roskilde University||Roskilde|
|1487||8||IT University of Copenhagen||IT University of Copenhagen||Copenhagen|
|5368||9||University College Sjaelland||University College Sjaelland||Naestved|
|6629||10||Danmarks Medie- og Journalisthøjskole||Danmarks Medie- og Journalisthøjskole||Aarhus|
- intensive English language course (basic);
- examination course of English language (preparation to IELTS or TOEFL);
- specialized course (tourism, business, law, etc.);
- group or individual lessons;
- vacation course (for schoolchildren);
- long-range program (one academic year);
- preparatory course for university admission;
- various volunteer youth programs where students have internships at international companies.
- occupational education diploma or Academic Record Transcript (in case of enrollment after completion of 1-2 courses of higher education institution);
- Language proficiency certificate;
- Reference letters (2 or 3 enough);
- Cover letter in Danish or English language.
- Foreign passport (with the validity term that expires not later than 3 months upon the date of departure out of Schengen area) and copies of passport pages with records.
- National passport with a copy.
- 2 copies of visa application form in Schengen countries with supplements typed in letters in English language. An applicant should complete all lines and personally sign the form.
- Proofs of sufficient creditability or income of the applicant that covers all trip expenditures: the latest bank statement, traveler's check, credit card with ATM extract or any proofs of financial responsibility.
- Proof on payment of tuition fee.
- Documents on higher education degree or records from the study institution.
- Original copy of international medical insurance and a photocopy in A4 format. Herewith, the insurance company should have an agreement on recovery of damages concluded with the international insurance company based in Schengen area.
- 3 colored passport-sized photographs (sized 35×45 mm); two of them should be glued to application form.
- If the applicant is younger than 18 years old, the agreement from parents certified by the notary on the trip should be submitted along with the Birth certificate. Documents should be translated into English language.
- Educational system in Sweden
- Educational system in Norway
- Educational system in Netherlands
- Educational system in UK