New Zealand - General information
|Currency||New Zealand Dollar|
Statistics - Rankings
|Arts and Humanities||13|
|Engineering and Technology||16|
|Life Sciences and Medicine||25|
|Social Sciences and Management||16|
Statistics - Education
|Popularity rating in the world||24|
|Ranking of universities in the world||24|
|Quality of teaching||53|
|Citations per Faculty||17|
Statistics - Universities
|Universities in top 200||2|
|Universities in top 500||7|
|Universities in top 1000||8|
|Universities in top 5000||11|
Cost of living in New Zealand, USD/month
|Communications and utilities||$110||$117|
|Sports and leisure||$26||$89|
Accommodation in New Zealand, USD/month
|Shared room outside of centre||$358|
|Shared room in city centre||$445|
|1 bedroom apartment outside of centre||$621|
|1 bedroom apartment in city centre||$795|
New Zealand is a beautiful and unique country in the southwestern Pacific Ocean with Wellington as the capital city. It is the country with the mild and temperate maritime climate and fascinating nature; it is populated with communicable and hospitable citizens.
The country can boast with the relatively low-cost education to be one of the great advantages of the national education system against those adopted in the USA and in Great Britain. Along with that, the estimated living expenses are lower in the country. New Zealand adopts the immigration program of special purpose that provides easier procedure to get permanent resident card, though it is legal for those only who graduate from national higher education institutions. In case if the applicant studies for 3 years in the country, he can receive the work permit in his area of expertise for up to 2 years. High living standards in New Zealand are also of critical importance; herewith, low crime rate should be specifically noted. New Zealand is amongst few countries that allows legitimate employment for foreign students. Furthermore, some educational establishments commit to get their graduates employed. New Zealand's education system is based on the British system. Those who apply to study at universities should have a certificate on English language proficiency on the level required for study. This kind of certificate is issued upon completion of language learning courses. Language learning courses are conducted at higher education institutions apart from specific educational centers that provide individual trainings. These courses are developed for students with different level of English language proficiency. Major language courses are as follows:
|139||1||University of Auckland||Auckland||19,000 $||19,000 $|
|189||2||University of Otago||Dunedin||18,000 $||18,000 $|
|342||3||University of Canterbury||Christchurch||16,500 $||16,500 $|
|354||4||Victoria University of Wellington||Wellington||13,802 $||7,000 $|
|421||5||Massey University||Auckland||13,769 $||13,769 $|
|423||6||University of Waikato||Hamilton||16,000 $||18,800 $|
|450||7||Lincoln University||Dunedin||20,160 $||10,300 $|
|540||8||Auckland University of Technology||Auckland||18,000 $||18,000 $|
|2382||9||Unitec Institute of Technology||Auckland|
|3953||10||Waikato Institute of Technology||Hamilton|
- “elementary courses” allow to develop skills in writing, reading and colloquial language, basic grammar.
- “examination courses” enable trainees to prepare for entrance exams that are required to pass to become a college or university student and to get employment.
- “academic year” includes profound learning of English language as per Foundation Studies.
- “business-courses” are oriented to learn professional terms and functional vocabulary.
- Valid international passport.
- Letter of Acceptance.
- Official Receipt.
- Questionnaire to get student visa.
- 2 photographs.
- Proof of finances (labor contract, bank statement or Sponsorship Form completed by the sponsor).
- In case if the student goes for training for the period of more than 36 weeks, evidence of financial resources should be submitted showing the amount of 10 000 New Zealand dollars per each year of stay in the country.
- Health Form, Temporary Entry Chest X-ray Certificate (NZIS 1096), Medical and Chest X-ray Certificate NZIS1007. These papers should be issued not earlier than three months to the scheduled date of application for Student visa.
- Air ticket reservation (if the training course is no longer than one year, then return ticket should be available).
- Evidence on English language proficiency.
- Visa Fee Payment Receipt.